Unity Connection Service Account

Can anybody Tell me what is a Unity Connection Service Account?

Thanks & Regards....

Comments

• Are you referring to the service account used by CUCM for a Unity Connection integration?  If so, you technically don't need an account unless you're tying into the non-LDAP user information in CUCM via AXL.  I suppose you could also create an application user in CUCM if you were doing a SIP/TLS integration between CUCM and CUC, but probably unlikely.

It's really hard to answer your question without more information.  Feel free to post more if you can.

-- 
    Matthew Berry  |  ciscovoiceguru.com
    +1.612.567.CCIE (2243)  |  twitter.com/ciscovoiceguru

On Monday, April 16, 2012 at 8:21 PM, [email protected] wrote:

Can anybody Tell me what is a Unity Connection Service Account? Thanks & Regards....

INE - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation<br />
    <br />
    Subscription information may be found at:<br />

• Thanks for the Response Mathew....In our organization we are imporing users via LDAP & not via CUCM AXL....my team member was talking about creating unity conn voice mail service accounts for a new site that is coming up & I was a bit hesitant to ask him abt what exactly he meant :-P.....so would like to know what exactly it means in that context.....

Thanks & regards....

• The only other account you would need would be for single inbox (unified messaging) if you were doing that.  However, that would only be 1 per Exchange cluster.

-- 
    Matthew Berry  |  ciscovoiceguru.com
    +1.612.567.CCIE (2243)  |  twitter.com/ciscovoiceguru

On Monday, April 16, 2012 at 8:53 PM, [email protected] wrote:

Thanks for the Response Mathew....In our organization we are imporing users via LDAP & not via CUCM AXL....my team member was talking about creating unity conn voice mail service accounts for a new site that is coming up & I was a bit hesitant to ask him abt what exactly he meant :-P.....so would like to know what exactly it means in that context..... Thanks & regards....

INE - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation<br />
    <br />
    Subscription information may be found at:<br />

• I agree with you, but I guess he was talking about something else....Well! I guess I will ask him and post his response here...Thanks again for the response Matthew....

Regards....