FR EEK command missing

Hi Folks,

I'm currently running image: c1841-adventerprisek9-mz.124-24.T7.bin on my R4, R5 and R6. INE's instruction guide to be CCIE RS Lab states that c1841-adventerprisek9-mz.124-24.T1.bin image needs to be used for R4, R5, and R6. I cannot find this version (T1) on my CCO account but I can see all the others ranging from T2 - T7.

When attempting Volume 1 - Chapter 2.11 - Frame-Relay End-to-End Keepalives concept, I run into the issue where the parameter on the 'frame-relay interface-dlci ### class' command doesn't exist in my code. I checked Cisco's support for the 12.4T code and in the master list of commands, end-to-end keepalives per-VC doesn't exist. I used this page to verify: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/mcl/124tmcl/124t_04.html.

Can anyone provide me any insight? I'm assuming since this is practiced in Volume 1, I'll probably see it in Volume 2/3/4.

Thanks,

Mike

Comments

• i think it's frame-relay interface-dlci dlci-number <enter>

and then you apply the EEK configuration, i.e. frame eek bi-directional etc (i don't know the exact line anymore sorry)

• You can either apply it to physical interface with frame-relay class command or use the frame-relay interface-dlci x

class xyz

• Atv,

Awesome that worked. Thank you so much. The configuration for frame-relay interface-dlci leads me into a sub-configuration mode where I can apply this.

interface Serial0/0/0.200 multipoint
     ip address 155.1.200.5 255.255.255.0
     frame-relay interface-dlci 503
     frame-relay interface-dlci 504
      class FREEK
    end

Thanks again,

Mike