Serial cable confusion

Hello again

lab almost assembled (woohoo!)

Now i just have a couple tiny things left to fix and i ran into a small problem.

when i started assembling my lab i had a bunch of wic-2t cards laying around that i've used in my various routers, my FRS is running with an NM-8A/S, so there is the problem of incompatable connectors (DB26 vs. DB60)

my question is actually quite simple, can i use DB26 DCE -> DB60 DTE cables and put the clock rate on the non-FRS end of things, or will that skew things up from a Frame-Relay point of view?

I can't seem to find any vendor (in Europe) that sells DB26 DTE -> DB60 DCE cables at all.

Thanks in advance

Martin

Comments

• my question is actually quite simple, can i use DB26 DCE -> DB60 DTE cables and put the clock rate on the non-FRS end of things, or will that skew things up from a Frame-Relay point of view?

From an equipment perspective it won't make a scap of difference which end is the DCE.  However you will need to change the default configurations issued by INE after applying them.

Have you tried eBAY - as it is possible to get a single cable which is DTE DCE?

• ty for the info

ye i have searched both the german and the uk ebay site and i am only able to find cables where the smart serial DB26 end is DCE, not DTE