MPLS Labs

Hi Guys,

Im currently working towards my CCIE R&S, but I am going to be doing my MPLS and QoS exams to complete my CCIP along the way.

Im looking for a good lab guide for practice. Im thinking of getting the INE SP WB1? Does anyone have any other suggestions. My home lab is built to INE R&S spec, but I can always use GNS3 if need be.

Thanks,

Marc

Comments

• Im currently working towards my CCIE R&S, but I am going to be doing my MPLS and QoS exams to complete my CCIP along the way.

The MPLS for CCIE R&S is quite basic.  L3VPN mostly - so volume 1 R&S might not be the best preparation.  I'm not sure what the content of the MPLS is like but isn't it geared toward service providers.

• The SP topics are most likely overkill for this exam.

Topics listed here:

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-5063

Granted, I took the combo BGP/MPLS exam so there overall were less MPLS questions.

I used the R&S Volume 1 Workbook for Preparation.

The 642-611 MPLS Bootcamp was excellent which is part of the CCIP Series now on the new streaming format.  I also used the MPLS portion of the R&S ATC.

• If you are taking the CCIP, the CCIE SP material is too much for those exams. I would read the Cisco Press books for each of those exams and then you may consider watching a few videos from CCIE R&S, which may give you a pretty good foundation on MPLS, QoS and BGP, which is necessary for these exams.

Finally, these exams rely heavily on theory, with just a few small labs, so you don't need to invest a whole lotta of time doing labs, but if you still want it, you can do the BGP, MPLS and QoS VOL1 for CCIE R&S, that should be enough to give you a pretty solid understanding of these technologies.

Just my 2 cents

• Im looking for a good lab guide for practice. Im thinking of getting the INE SP WB1? Does anyone have any other suggestions. My home lab is built to INE R&S spec, but I can always use GNS3 if need be.

For MPLS you can go through the INE's SP WB1 and R&S Video but SP WB1 doesn't cover for QoS, I think INE has video series for QoS as well you can follow this.