IPv6 Books

Hello, what is a good book to read about Ipv6. The company i work for will be migrating to the IPv6 soon and I need to make sure i am ready for it.

I looked online and a lot of choices but I know some probley dont cover it enough or to much in depth. I also will be needing to do the 6-4 tunnel since I also have some production machines that are still running, wait for it, NT4.0. Yes i have them isloated so no one inside or outside the plant can not access them without a stepping stone. but i still need to worry about all of this,

Thanks,

Comments

• Hello, what is a good book to read about Ipv6. The company i work for will be migrating to the IPv6 soon and I need to make sure i am ready for it.

I looked online and a lot of choices but I know some probley dont cover it enough or to much in depth. I also will be needing to do the 6-4 tunnel since I also have some production machines that are still running, wait for it, NT4.0. Yes i have them isloated so no one inside or outside the plant can not access them without a stepping stone. but i still need to worry about all of this,

Recommended book for IPv6

IPv6 Theory, Protocol, and Practice by Pete Loshin

• I would definitely recommend

Recommended book for IPv6

IPv6 Theory, Protocol, and Practice by Pete Loshin

and also Cisco press IPv6 Fundamentals. 

Marc

• Add these useful books to your list.

IPv6 Essentials

http://www.amazon.com/IPv6-Essentials-ebook/dp/B0043EWVAG/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1369437638&sr=1-1

IPv6 Deployment and Management (IEEE Press Series on Networks and Services Management) 

http://www.amazon.com/Deployment-Management-Networks-Services-ebook/dp/B00CGXKAFO/ref=sr_1_4?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1369437638&sr=1-4

Just my 2 cents.

Hello, what is a good book to read about Ipv6. The company i work for will be migrating to the IPv6 soon and I need to make sure i am ready for it.

Thanks,

• Usually IPv6 is an "addition" rather than a migration, so those devices that don't support it won't really be an issue unless you're really migrating to 100% IPv6.  IPv4 and IPv6 can run side by side, in most cases, just fine.  I personally found the book "Deploying IPv6 Networks" extremely useful, with "Implementing Cisco IPv6 Networks" a close second.  This mostly has to do with the age of the second book, and the fact that I was looking for specifically the information that's in the first book.

Hurricane Electric has IPv6 "sage" training/testing - you might sign up for that and take a poke at it.  It's a fun way to get up to speed, and if you reach the sage level, they send you a free shirt.  The DNS IPv6 glue test can be problematic, though, considering how few registrars seem to care at all about IPv6.  Netsol did me a major solid when I asked them for help adding glue (no, not just for the sage test, as part of our initial IPv6 rollout), and moved our DNS to their "special" servers.  That was a fun week.