is it a fast ccie or I'm wrong help me to know

I’m sorry to mention this but I’m really confused, i found this post http://ieoc.com/forums/t/6899.aspx from this dude Dimitry dated 06-22-2009 and he’s asking about simple concepts of Uplinkfast and transit siwtch,no offence but his question is a CCNA level or I’d better say really basic thing, I’m realy curious how did he managed to get CCIE on August 12th 2009???? is it really possible to get CCCIE in this short period of time? please help me

Comments

• First post and you look at old threads questioning other people? Maybe he just needed some input on that feature but had a good grasp of concepts otherwise.

There are cheaters and dumpers out there and there are paper CCIEs indeed. Not much we can do about that than to push Cisco to take care of it. They will be revealed in an interview anyways or when on the job.

All we can do is our best and not care too much about other people.

• There are cheaters and dumpers out there and there are paper CCIEs indeed. Not much we can do about that than to push Cisco to take care of it. They will be revealed in an interview anyways or when on the job.

All we can do is our best and not care too much about other people.

I agree with you Daniel.

• Daniel replied nicely and topped it up with wisdom. There is so much to read, learn and test; don't bother about such things. If you are trying to plan WRT your learning curve and how long it might take; read recent posts where people just passed... without trying to be judgemental. Also, give other people credit. He might as well be from a country where english is not the local language; it does make things less easy. Even with a perfect understanding; as you read and re-read, you'll notice that you've always missed things.

I'm a starter as well, and still going through the books and read the posts quite a bit. The more I'm reading an doing small labs; the more i'm learning; but also realise how much more i need to learn. There's plenty of Fab people on IEOC for clarrifying issues; and you may find their whole journey and work on their blogs, just jump in and invest yourself as much as you can afford.

Good luck

•  

How dare you agree with Daniel - you've only made 899 posts and already you are agreeing with people? How very dare you!!

I keed... I keed :D

But seriously though, People think that a CCIE knows everything. Those of us studying for this beast know that it is just the 1st step in a looong journey to become better engineers, better standard of living, that really fast porsche (you know, the one with the blacked out windows and spinning wheels) or for whatever reason that you are doing it. Even when you pass, you will have some basic questions, but you should be better equipped to dealing with them (after heavily utilising the DOC CD in your preparations). So what I'm basically saying is..... I agree with you as well Daniel.

• I find that a very large number of knowledgeable people ask questions to clarify their understanding of a particular topic.  The person may not state their current understanding of the topic.  They may just be asking for others understanding of a topic in order to enhance the knowledge base they already have.  One can not infer the level of knowledge of a poster by their post in all cases.  On top of that, there may be a language barrier.  One cannot infer the level of knowledge of technology against use of a particular language.

• I've heard of site where people pay to get copies of the actual lab. When people get their hands on those materials, they stop studying the concepts and simply memorize commands and troubleshooting methods tailored for the scenario in their hands.

There was a CCIE Voice at my office who was hired and let go in a matter of weeks. He didn't know how to configure basic phone functions in CUCM.

Did he get a high paying job? Yes.
    Did he KEEP that high paying job? Nope.

That's why I get real suspicious of people who have had little to no real-world experience who boast about having 3+ CCIEs. Unless you are part of the 0.001% of brilliant people in the world, it's not something normal people do when studying the legit way.

M

On Jan 25, 2012, at 3:00 AM, mjradmehr wrote:

> I’m sorry to mention this but I’m really confused, i found this post http://ieoc.com/forums/t/6899.aspx from this dude Dimitry dated 06-22-2009 and he’s asking about simple concepts of Uplinkfast and transit siwtch,no offence but his question is a CCNA level or I’d better say really basic thing, I’m realy curious how did he managed to get CCIE on August 12th 2009???? is it really possible to get CCCIE in this short period of time? please help me
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > INE - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation
    > http://www.ine.com
    >
    > Subscription information may be found at:
    > http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx
  • How dare you agree with Daniel - you've only made 899 posts and already you are agreeing with people? How very dare you!!

I keed... I keed :D

How many posts you want to see ccielegend?

Let give me some time mate...to prepare myself as well....

• I’m sorry to mention this but I’m really confused, i found this post http://ieoc.com/forums/t/6899.aspx from this dude Dimitry dated 06-22-2009 and he’s asking about simple concepts of Uplinkfast and transit siwtch,no offence but his question is a CCNA level or I’d better say really basic thing, I’m realy curious how did he managed to get CCIE on August 12th 2009???? is it really possible to get CCCIE in this short period of time?

No body is perfect in this world, he might be looking to get his concepts clear on that perticaular topic while he could be solid at all others. So if he did manage to pass the exam that means at least he had that skill to pass it. Though it can not be denied that he could take the help of dumps available in the market to pass the exam.  

• I agree with all the above posters, we cannot infer that by simplying looking at a post. I firmly believe that no-one knows everything. Specially in the IT industry (which is in constant development) we are always brushing up on the concepts and technologies. So we are always learning new things.

I always get in the habit of folllowing blogs and reading articles, every now and then I learn something that I was not aware that was possible and sometimes is good to bring this up to the community to double check.

Just my 2 cents.

• we are always brushing up on the concepts and technologies. So we are always learning new things.

I agreed with qqabdal.  I found myself do that every day.

• There are extremely complicated topics either in the exam and in the daily job of a CCIE and uplinkfast is not one of those. I'm not passing judgement on anybody, but let's be honest, any of you seriously in this journey can describe how uplinkfast works from the top of the head, it's very straightforward. It's a CCNA level topic.

Also, language barrier is one thing you got overcome if you want to pass the lab exam. Without it you won't pass it, simple as that (unless you memorize things and automatically know what the question is requireing without having to interpret it).

Anyway I completely agree with the opinion that we should do our part and let people live as they believe it's the best way.

Life is the best judge.

To: [email protected]
    Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 05:12:24 -0800
    Subject: Re: [success] is it a fast ccie or I'm wrong help me to know

I agree with all the above posters, we cannot infer that by simplying looking at a post. I firmly believe that no-one knows everything. Specially in the IT industry (which is in constant development) we are always brushing up on the concepts and technologies. So we are always learning new things.

I always get in the habit of folllowing blogs and reading articles, every now and then I learn something that I was not aware that was possible and sometimes is good to bring this up to the community to double check.

Just my 2 cents.

INE - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation

http://www.ine.com

Subscription information may be found at:

http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx

• It's not an good idea to point finger at anyone.

Let's concentrate on studies/techonologies; expertise them and achieve CCIE as a by product

as INE guys always advice.

For those who have made CCIE journey a Rat Race to achieve CCIE tag/tags ASAP by hook or crook:-

The problem with rat race is even if you win you'r still a rat.

• I was inspired by one triple CCIE to get my own number and he told me that getting CCIE# is just the beginning. And heard from another CCIE that after he got his number, he realized that he knew so little about networking.

I agree with you guys, we never stop learning every day. So many things so little time and so small brain =p

Happy Studying!!!

• With the CCIE it is with so many other things...

Beginning to be someone means stopping to get somebody!

Well if this guy has a CCIE and a question about uplinkfast feature...then why not. Maybe on the job he is at a Service provider and just does routing for example. You begin to forget things a lot easier than you learn them.

Not long ago I sat in a Data Center course (DCNI2) and we were 13 guys. 7 of them were CCIE. I sat there with my 26 years of age, all others were way more than 30+ and as they introduced themselves..."Hi I am Bob, I am 35 years old I am CCIE, working for 15 years..." ... "Hey I am Andi, I am 42 years old, I am CCIE too, working for 20 years in the industry"...and I sat there "Hi I am Markus, I am 26 years old, I am doing cisco networking for 4 years now" ... everybody watched me like "What the hell is this guy doing in a nexus course here".

As the instructor began to explain some things about networking, hardware architecture of 6500s and Nexus the CCIEs asked some questions about routing features of the 6500 series and so on. I raised my hand and said "Hey thats an easy one...it works like this and that, and this is because blabla", I explained the concept of a 6500 with switching bus, crossbar, fabric switching, backpressure qos etc. and they were kind of blown away. One asked, "Where do you know that stuff"..."I said, two weeks ago, I gave a training for the engineers of my customer about that".

So as you can see, it is not about age or having CCIE, you have to go deep into things and interest yourself in things. Of course CCIE is a really really great step but its not "Hey I am CCIE now, everybody go away, I am superman!".

Regards!

• with all that said by you guys, if you really wander how this guy able to make it, in short period of time...for me personally it Challenge me....it means you need to get up and move your ass and do your work HARDER!! thats what my take...instead of mourn be inspired dmitry is not the only guy who did this and I personally saw some other people here make it in less period of time than im expecting and i really amaze to the point to labor my work and be one of them by using our INE material...thats the only way guys. Never get afraid to take the challenge, Never ever to take shortcuts because at the ends it is time what really makes us a certified Expert.....who knows you are the next ccie to share your journey with us.

• I’m sorry to mention this but I’m really confused, i found this post http://ieoc.com/forums/t/6899.aspx from this dude Dimitry dated 06-22-2009 and he’s asking about simple concepts of Uplinkfast and transit siwtch,no offence but his question is a CCNA level or I’d better say really basic thing, I’m realy curious how did he managed to get CCIE on August 12th 2009???? is it really possible to get CCCIE in this short period of time? please help me

So, all of us have lapses and all of us have gaps in our knowledge.....just because you are a CCIE doesn't mean that the review and learning process is complete.  Sometimes just talking about it verifies our knowledge....don't ever underestimate someone just because they ask questions like that....it may just be for their review.....

warjack

• :) he must be thinking now ... Why i didnt google this first ...

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 25, 2012, at 8:38 PM, wrjack1971 <[email protected]> wrote:

imagemjradmehr:

I’m sorry to mention this but I’m really confused, i found this post http://ieoc.com/forums/t/6899.aspx from this dude Dimitry dated 06-22-2009 and he’s asking about simple concepts of Uplinkfast and transit siwtch,no offence but his question is a CCNA level or I’d better say really basic thing, I’m realy curious how did he managed to get CCIE on August 12th 2009???? is it really possible to get CCCIE in this short period of time? please help me

So, all of us have lapses and all of us have gaps in our knowledge.....just because you are a CCIE doesn't mean that the review and learning process is complete.  Sometimes just talking about it verifies our knowledge....don't ever underestimate someone just because they ask questions like that....it may just be for their review.....

warjack

INE - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation

http://www.ine.com

Subscription information may be found at:

http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx
  • lets put things in easy way.... CCIE is definately not a expert level
    from real world work situations. To me it just gives more variety &
    options to think off. There are still lots of thing out there which are
    technically part of networks and not covered into CCIE like:

CAT OS... Which is still around

Nexus etc....

also
    in real world, the network doesn't mean only network to an engineer, it
    will be having firewalls, vpns, voice, probably some IOS XR etc

How much CCIE Talk about TCP/IP ? ... Do you see it on blueprint ?

I have interviewed many CCIEs which doesn't know much about basic TCP/IP networking, things like FLAGS and their function...

To
    a CCIE "Autonegotiation" doesn't matter except odd balls like "MDIX"
    which could possibly be affected. But other wise as a CCNP or CCIE you
    know how NLP & FLP pulses work inside Autonegotiation ?

But I
    remember I studied those autonegotiation details during my CCNA back in
    2005 where cisco press was offering detailed CCNA Guides in a separate
    format under Cisco Network Academy I guess.

Perhaps I'll feel good someday when I'll have all 7 CCIEs in my hand

• We have strong side and weak side, some topic is our favorite and some doesn't.

Back to old school, they force us to study everything, we're good in some and bad in some and so so in some,

but we finally pass all of those and get to college.

Now, how about now your children asking your NOT favorite topic such as algrebra that you hate it or just doing so so or you never apply it in your life and forget about it ?

Can you answer those ?

most likely not or at least your need to spend time to review again.

same thing here.

CCIE doesn't test you 100% from A-Z, and ask you to MASTER ALL of it by 100% passing score.

You can skip some topic that you doubt (not sure) as long you get 80% from your favorite topic  :)

• I bet many people have failed the CCIE exam on a CCNA level question.

We are all here to learn.

• lets put things in easy way.... CCIE is definately not a expert level from real world work situations. To me it just gives more variety & options to think off. There are still lots of thing out there which are technically part of networks and not covered into CCIE like:

CAT OS... Which is still around

Nexus etc....

also in real world, the network doesn't mean only network to an engineer, it will be having firewalls, vpns, voice, probably some IOS XR etc

How much CCIE Talk about TCP/IP ? ... Do you see it on blueprint ?

I have interviewed many CCIEs which doesn't know much about basic TCP/IP networking, things like FLAGS and their function...

To a CCIE "Autonegotiation" doesn't matter except odd balls like "MDIX" which could possibly be affected. But other wise as a CCNP or CCIE you know how NLP & FLP pulses work inside Autonegotiation ?

But I remember I studied those autonegotiation details during my CCNA back in 2005 where cisco press was offering detailed CCNA Guides in a separate format under Cisco Network Academy I guess.

Perhaps I'll feel good someday when I'll have all 7 CCIEs in my hand

I agree. We had a new hire (CCIE) at one of the biggest companies in the world, and he was very confident. His first major assignment was to stand up two redundant Linux boxes running Checkpoint Management Software. Most of the other work was related to Cisco and Juniper firewalls. I once ended up troubleshooting a reverse proxy (Blue Coat), and that was the first time ever I logged in to one of those :)
    What CCIE does acomplish is enforcing a structured approach in learning and troubleshooting - it forces one to cover all Blueprint topics, not just technologies the current employer uses, including those technologies that are not used in production. obsolete, or just too cumbersome to be practical.

• The trend is pretty much define what a good network engineer to be and might not be as what Cisco define what an expert is. CCIE RS won't know about Linux, Wireless, VOICE, NEXUS, ASA, and MS.

--

thx
    dsu
  • The trend is pretty much define what a good network engineer to be and might not be as what Cisco define what an expert is. CCIE RS won't know about Linux, Wireless, VOICE, NEXUS, ASA, and MS.

--

thx
    dsu

I would argue differently.....a CCIE is an Internetworking Expert....he is an expert on all things IT, and if he does not know it he will learn quickly.....it's like the difference between a top 5 quarterback in the NFL and a rookie.....he sees the whole field and it's all relative........just my 2 cents :)

warjack

• a CCIE is an Internetworking Expert....he is an expert on all things IT

Wouw.... the burden is really heavy. Don't forget that Cisco has different tracks of CCIE: R&S, Sec, Voice, Wireless, SP, SP ops, Storage. I think Cisco may want to create one more title for the expert that you define: CCIE Ultimate, the one that has passed all CCIE tracks.

•  

No fense but this is most childish post i've seen here so far.

Is this mjradmehr even real person and not a spam-bot ? I'm afraid we might be falling for the troll bait here simply wasting our time.