The SG changed SW3 and SW4s links to access vlan 45. Which SW1 and SW2 would then tunnel between.

It would not be wrong to change them to trunk interfaces, allow vlan 45 and do QinQ would it? That's what I did and it works, and I don't seem to violate any of the restraints. Doing it this way also gives me more flexibility to add more vlans over this same link if I need to later

Comments

• It would not be wrong to change them to trunk interfaces, allow vlan 45 and do QinQ would it?

Doesn't the task say "Configure interfaces ... on SW3 and interfaces ... on SW4 as access links..." ?

• configuring as Trunk ports and allow VLAN 45, you are violating the task as it requests you to configure SW3 (fa13 & 14) and SW4 (fa16 & 17) interfaces as Access ports.

• Hi,

The task also says "SW3 and SW4 should see each other via CDP" from my understanding you need !-in-Q to do this using "l2-protocol tunneling"

I have also used Q-in-Q and configured SW3&4 using their links in access-mode, I have also tunneled STP to avoi STP loops

Best Regards,

BF