plan to take ARCH v2.1 exam

Hello,

I plan to take ARCH exam by the end of November. Any tips for me?

Tanks

Comments

• Hello,

Tanks

I took the ARCH exam to recert my CCNP and also gain the CCDP qualification too.  I found the design exams for CCDA and also CCDP much harder that the technical exams that you take for the CCNP.  In fact they are only Cisco exams that I failed on first attempt.

I used exam certification guides from Cisco Press in both instances to prepare - but found that they were any very dry and tough to read.

Also the Q&A answers in the test are quite wooly.  My advice would be to read the exam guides and then research the technology area in greater depth, but from a design perspective.  SRND documents can help with for campus designs for example.

Clearly I recertified 4 years ago on a different, doing the first version and it was not easy as you needed to know a lot about various different technologies which you may not have had exposure to in your job or from a configuration perspective.  In other words don't underestimate the preparation you require!

I dread to think CCDE must be like :-)

HTH

• <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">With respect to CCDP ...
    For design ..
    You need to think why this way ???

And for CCNP ..
    Question should always how to ???

Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone

Sender: ccdp@ieoc.com
    Date: 18 Nov 2011 13:12:59 -0800
    To: <kalsaria.prakash@gmail.com>
    ReplyTo: ccdp@ieoc.com
    Subject: [ccdp] plan to take ARCH v2.1 exam

Hello,

Tanks

INE - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation

http://www.INE.com

Subscription information may be found at:

http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx
  • While studying for the CCNP I just first finished the CCDP. The CCDP is great for the concepts. The CCDA in my opinion is not that pushing certification when you have CCNP knowledge. A lot of topics are already covered in the CCNP. The ARCH exam or better the Book...shows you more the real life concepts, whicht problem can occur etc. a very good book in my eyes!

Tips for the exam:

SONA!!!! Remember the concepts of SONA. If you use them in real life or not...just dont think about it -> REMEMBER IT! They ask a lot of questions about SONA, the PPDIOO principles, the Campus Designs etc. Well there are no labs in the exam of course...ahm...what else....just have a good big picture of the technologies. Thats all I can say.

What resources do you use for studying?

• Thanks for thes Tips !

As resources, I'm using skillsoft course ARCH v2.0, INE CCDP bootcamp (by Anthony SEQUEIRA) and others internet resources.

Is IPV6 deeply covered on the Exam ?

• Hey!

IPv6 is a good topic!!! Good that you mention it I almost forgot that its in the exam :) (its 2 years ago).

Whats really important is that you know how to summarize IPv6 adresses. They will surely give you IPv6 adresses in the full length e.g. 2002:0000:0000:ABCD:0000:0000:0000:1234. And you should let optimize it, which means you should let it look like 2002:0:0:ABCD::1234.

IPv6 basics should also be part of your knowledge.

Regards!

• Hello,

Good news. I just pass my ARCH Exam today.

Great tanks to INE and to all peolple who provide me some usefull advice.

• Congrats kalmogo!

May be can you share with me how did you prepare for the exam? What material that you used? I also plan to take this exam :)

Thanks

• Thanks Halim,

Yes I used INE CCDP bootcamp and skillsoft course.

Be careful with some downloadable Exams found on internet . To Many wrong answers ....

Some news topics as QOS, Nexus, VSS and IPv6 have to be mastered.

A lot of technology to be mastered :) 

Good Luck to you.

• How was the exam?

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 10:55 AM, kalmogo <bounce-kalmogo@ieoc.com> wrote:

Hello,

Good news. I just pass my ARCH Exam today.

Great tanks to INE and to all peolple who provide me some usefull advice.

--
    View this message online at: http://ieoc.com/forums/p/17492/154031.aspx#154031

CJ

http://convergingontheedge.com

• You want to know if the exam was difficult or not ?

• Yes I used INE CCDP bootcamp and skillsoft course.

Be careful with some downloadable Exams found on internet . To Many wrong answers ....

Some news topics as QOS, Nexus, VSS and IPv6 have to be mastered.

A lot of technology to be mastered :) 

Good Luck to you.

Thanks for the advice.

• Tips?

Study hard and don't rely on dumps ;)

• By the way, congratulations on passing :)

• Congrats on passing the ARCH exam.

• Congratulations for passing the exam!!!

I can acknowledge that in the test exams you find on the internet there are a lot of wrong questions. Not only the questions are sometimes wrong themselves, but the answers of different test providers differ, which I think is a mess!

Regards!

• the exams you might find on the internet i sugest not to use. To many problems and they might teach you the wrong items. look at what people tell you to study and work on those areas, this way you get a lot more knowledge and not the easy way to pass the exam

• congrats on passing the exam.

which one is next