Vol.1 Diagram

Hello

can you tell me that for solving vol.1 labs, do we require to upload initial config files?

how can we set up small labs with taking reference of vol.2 diagram and solving vol.1 task?

is there any difference if we step up small diagram and trying to solve task given in vol.1?

please suggest i am facing issue in GNS3 to build whole diagram of vol.2 to start vol.1 task.

thanks and regards,

sourabh

Comments

• All of Volume I, II, III & IV labs build on the same physical topology.

The initial configurations and subsequent configurations that you apply change the logical topology only - (VLANs & DLCIs).

No cables need to be moved on a physical rack between labs, and the .net file for dynamips/GNS3 will stay the same between labs. Only the configuration of router and switch interfaces will be used to change the logical topology.

Hello

can you tell me that for solving vol.1 labs, do we require to upload initial config files?

how can we set up small labs with taking reference of vol.2 diagram and solving vol.1 task?

is there any difference if we step up small diagram and trying to solve task given in vol.1?

please suggest i am facing issue in GNS3 to build whole diagram of vol.2 to start vol.1 task.

thanks and regards,

sourabh

• thanks for your reply. can you please sugest about below queries

thanks and regards.

sourabh

• I'm not sure what you're asking for. In Vol1 there is only the physical topology provide and in some of the labs you get a diagram over BGP AS etc. In Vol1 you need to do most of the diagramming yourself if you need a diagram to solve a task.

In Vol2 you are provided a diagram of the IGP and BGP setup but you can draw additional diagrams if you need to solve tasks.

At the end of a Vol2 lab you will find a reference to the Vol1 scenarios that were used in the Vol2 lab so you can do those Vol1 labs if you want to practice the technology used in the Vol2 lab.

You can of course create your own scenarios as well using the INE topology as a base.

Does that answer your question?

• hello,

thank you for your reply

what i want to ask that to solve vol.1 task, i will need to build whole topology diagram but i am facing issue in GNS3 after built up exact topology in GNS3 and trying to run devices and GNS3 is crashes

therefore i want to ask that how can i built small lab with ref to whole topology scenario wise?

for example: if i want to do OSPF section but i dont want build whole diagram but with ref to this diagram, i want to create small lab for OSPF so how can i do this?

thanks

sourabh

• I see.

Well, you could always create a smaller topology. If you use 4 routers (R1, R4, R5, R6). Just by running these you can create a lot of scenarios. There is a Ethernet segment between R1, R4 and R6. There is a P2P link between R4 and R5. And there is a FR cloud between R1 and R5. So by just running these 4 routers you could practice the different OSPF network types for example.

However I am sure that I could help you with resolving the Dynamips problems and resolving the root cause instead. It's just a matter of finding the right idle-PC and idlemax values unless you are running it on ancient hardware.

What kind of hardware are you running it on and what OS? What is the CPU and how much memory do you have?