unknown error

Guys

Can anyone tell me why the following error appeared while configuring ipv6 pim brs? 

Nov 12 02:05:21.246: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Tunnel1, changed state to up

% Not all config may be removed and may reappear after reactivating the logical-interface/sub-interfaces

Nov 12 02:06:21.446: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Tunnel1, changed state to up

% Not all config may be removed and may reappear after reactivating the logical-interface/sub-interfaces

Nov 12 02:07:21.642: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Tunnel1, changed state to up

"sh ipv6 pim range-list" sometimes shows bsr and rp information and disappears again and again.

Regards,

Comments

• Hi,

First, post your config, so i'm sure what i'm saying is applicable in your case as well. Now, in ipv6 with BSR, whenever you learn about an RP for a group, you will automatically create a tunnel interface which connects you to the RP; this tunnel is scoped so that multicast traffic is being send over the tunnel to the RP, and the tunnel is used only until the receivers switch to the optimal path (in ipv4 there is no such tunnel, traffic flows through the physical path to the RP until the SPT switchover takes place). Once the SPT takes place, the tunnel dissapears. Why you receive that message? It is an old "bug" in IOS, whenever you remove a logical interface you receive that message. I would reload the router or change the IOS. :)

Good luck with your studies!

• It is an old "bug" in IOS, whenever you remove a logical interface you receive that message. I would reload the router or change the IOS. :)

So its an IOS bug but i am not still sure why logical interface was removed automatically when bsr candidate and brs rp candidate was configured. Thanks for your explaination but i am unable to share this configure.

Regards,

• Hey!

As you are not able to share the config maybe you can tell us if you were successful with a reboot or the software upgrade!

• Hey!

As you are not able to share the config maybe you can tell us if you were successful with a reboot or the software upgrade!

It did not work with reboot but i need to perform this again for confirmation. However i never try with s/w upgrade.

• Hi,

SW upgrade should fix it, however select if possible an MD version. It is just an cosmetic bug, with no impact!

Good luck with your studies!