Ticket 8 md 5 Pswd

Ok...it was quite obvious that no log messages appear on the console ..... thus after enabling the logg to the con and still nothing happens one easily sees the EEM that magicly undo one's command after typing ...

logg con 7....

thus obviously removing that and then seeing that the wrong pswd is recieved by SW2.....

my question is.... how do you get the correct pswd....? by simply guessing? or am I missing some debug that provide this that I can derive the pswd from....

I doubt it.... but if last mentioned is not the case then this example should be an unlike candidate in the exam becuase surely it's not expected to guess a pswd!

or is it just me?

Comments

• In the exam, the password will be provided to you if there is no way to retrieve it, ie. Password used to peer with BB router. But if you can retrieve it from other peer/router/switch, then you must figure it out by yourself, ie. By using key chain to decode the password.

• yes, agree....but in this example the incorrect pswd was C1SCO instead of CISCO...... thus 

by checking debug one could see that the md5 pswd was incorrect..... however....we know that for these labs we use CISCO or cisco

or cisco1234....... thus by trying that pswd the issue is rectified, but this is not suppose how one solve these type of tasks...

I agree thatb one should get the pswd in the exam... but it was more of the method used in the ticket that had me commented on this...

from this, I usualy take what the ticket wanted us to learn...... and I will say the lesson for this ticket is to debug..... if no output recieved...check if con 7 logging is enabled...... thus if still no response....check for kron/EMM or any funny stuff in the config!

• Hi,

You should not worry about such scenarios, just learn something from it.

Good luck with your studies!

• Oh, I remember this ticket. It is very tricky as 1 looks like I. And this is a good one.

• hey man...yes...I've spotted the 1....but it's was just not on for me to guess that the password should be CISCO instaed of C1SCO.....

but other methods learnt with this task ...so no worries!

• ....but it's was just not on for me to guess that the password should be CISCO instaed of C1SCO.....

Ahh..I thought the password was mentioned in the restriction (Do's and don'ts) section?

Sorry, I don't have the workbook with me right now.

• no problem man...yes.... sometimes commenting on all these blogs is difficult without having the topology and behaviour infront of you...I've seen it a couple of times....but we all try for the greater good....

keep it up bud!

By the way man...... how does it feel now that all the hipe/stress and the fact that you have your number finaly in your pocket......

..... your post did give me an extra boost this past 2 weeks..... 

It's just hard to imagine how one actually feels that few weeks after the goal is met!

• By the way man...... how does it feel now that all the hipe/stress and the fact that you have your number finaly in your pocket......

It feels good man. I am really relieved after long long hours of studying. I just don't know how could I abadon my baby girl any longer if I didn't pass. But thank God I passed, really thankful.

wish you all the best for your attempt.