Ticket 1 - Missing FR Map - Alternative

Instead of changing the existing static FR mapping, "frame-relay map ip 80.1.0.8 104 broadcast", I add "frame-relay map ip 80.1.0.9 104". And it works just fine.

Comments

• Hi Alexander,

I would disagree with you on this one; you are given a wrong frme-relay mao which you need to fix. Even it is not explicitly asked to remove the wrong config, i would still say it is needed so you get the points. So you need to both remove wrong config and add good config.

Good luck with your studies!

• But Christian, I wouldn't say that it is totally wrong map. The existing FR map is mapping its own IP to the DLCI. This allow the router to ping itself.

What I did was to add a new FR map that map the router's neighbor IP to the same DLCI.

What do you say?

• Hi Alex,

If the initial frame-relay map is for the router itself, than yes, you can just leave it, cause you cannot know what was the initial purpose, so your solution is correct, without removing the initial frame-relay map.

Good luck with your studies!

• If the initial frame-relay map is for the router itself, than yes, you can just leave it, cause you cannot know what was the initial purpose, so your solution is correct, without removing the initial frame-relay map.

So from the lab exam perspective which one is the better option here, adding new frame relay statement of modifying the existing one?

• Shouldn't be harmful to let the initial config unchanged, which impact only the ability to ping the self ip address.