BGP/MPLS Composite Exam and MPLS COD Comments

I just got back from sitting the BPG/MPLS composite exam.  I passed :o)  All I need now is QOS for CCIP.

A few comments about the current MPLS COD recorded by Keith Barker:

I feel Keith makes a statement that may not be entirely accurate.  He stated that ATM would not be part of the test and we should not spend any time of it.  Maybe that is true of the 642-611 MPLS only test, but maybe not.  I don't think that statement should have been made.  I can say that statement by Keith is not accurate in regards to the BGP/MPLS Composite Exam.  I hope the MPLS recording is up for refresh in the future.

However, I was adequately prepared for those questions by  the MPLS books I read.

Comments

• Congratulations Dennis :) I'm thinking of the reason for keeping ATM in the exam, it's pretty much a dead technology, at least in Europe. Maybe there is a technology aspect to it. When are you planning on taking QoS?

• When are you planning on taking QoS?

When I get through the following, depending on the wife and kids ;o) :

• Advanced Technologies class by Brian - QOS Section
    • QOS Bootcamp by Anthony,  would like that one to be recorded by a "Brian"
    • Cisco IOS Quality of Service Solutions Configuration Guide
    • Cisco QOS Certification Guide - Read it once, but will spend more time on it this time around.
    • Volume 1 QOS Labs

EDIT:  Probably add some of Mark Snow QOS modules from his Voice Advanced Technologies class.

• Congratz Dennis![Y]

• I haven't seen Keith's MPLS COD since I only spend Money with INE if something comes from Brian McGahan [;)]. But once he gonna redo the CCIP series I am gonna have it for sure [:D]

But I took the test last year and ATM was there, actually I got quiet many questions on that during test.

The hardest part for me was to that I have no work exp with ATM, so from test point of view I know the required details but there is still long way to go. I wish INE can do 2-3 days Deep Dive class on ATM alone for CCIP/CCIE SP guys. Though people consider it as pretty much dead but from what I have seen in industry there are still many many places where providers runs ATM.

I also wish CISCO now revise CCIP track to allign it with CCIE SPv3 by adding things like Troubleshooting, IPv6 PE-CE, IOS XR Intro, More TE details, VPLS, AToM etc

• Awesome, congrats!

I hope to take this exam sometime in the future after I complete the R&S track.

• Congrats!! What's Next?

[:D]

I just got back from sitting the BPG/MPLS composite exam.  I passed :o)  All I need now is QOS for CCIP.

A few comments about the current MPLS COD recorded by Keith Barker:

I feel Keith makes a statement that may not be entirely accurate.  He stated that ATM would not be part of the test and we should not spend any time of it.  Maybe that is true of the 642-611 MPLS only test, but maybe not.  I don't think that statement should have been made.  I can say that statement by Keith is not accurate in regards to the BGP/MPLS Composite Exam.  I hope the MPLS recording is up for refresh in the future.

However, I was adequately prepared for those questions by  the MPLS books I read.