Unity Express (INIT)

Greetings,

After doing a factory default with the proper license, rebooting, going through the initial unity configuration, rebooting, it comes back up with (INIT)B2-CUE#.  Rebooted a second time to try the Microsoft Fix and it sat with the (INIT)B2-CUE# and then reset itself with a "CRASH JTAPIPackageUpdate JTAPIPackageUpdate  The system has detected that the CallManager version has changed. System needs to reload for the changes to take effect."  Wouldn't be nearly so bad if the CUE reboot cycle didn't take somewhere between 15 minutes and 8 years.

Haven't found anything on getting the CUE out of this state yet, but any pointing in the right direction would be appreciated.

Comments

• Odd, I issued the "Offline" comand and said "Yes" I really wanted to do that.  Then I issued the "offline" command a second time and said "No" I don't want to do that. and the thing came online and the (INIT) disappeard.  Not sure if what I did helped, or why it would. 

• Ahochau;

May I ask what version of the CUE module you are using (AIM, NM, NME), and what version of code you are using?  Have you tried to factory it and reload with a newly downloaded version of code?  I am just thinking it's the wrong version of code for the hardware, or the code is corrupt.  I had an issue with an AIM-CUE that did something similar, but it was years ago, and all I can remember was that the code I TFTP'd to it for the upgrade was corrupt somehow.  I re-downloaded it and then reinstalled, and it was fine.

• What ever is in the INE rack.  That is the only one I have access to.  I'll try to remember to pull the exact version tonight

• I have the exact same issue with the INE Racks. 

I configure:

1. CTI Route Point, CTI Ports and Admin User in CUCM. 
    2. Ensure CUE has CCM licence
    3. Take CUE offline. Restore Factory Defaults, Reload. 
    4. Run setup wizard
    5. Configure jtapi: 
    CUE(config)# ccn subsystem jtapi

CUE(config-jtapi)# ctiport 3401 3402

CUE(config-jtapi)# ccm-manager address 177.1.10.10

Save the change to startup configuration and reload the module for the new changes to take effect.

CUE(config-jtapi)# ccm-manager username cueuser password 12345

Save the change to startup configuration and reload the module for the new changes to take effect.

CUE(config-jtapi)# exit

CUE(config)# ccn subsystem sip

CUE(config-sip)# gateway address 177.3.11.1

CUE(config-sip)# ex

CUE(config)# ccn trigger jtapi phonenumber 3334

Adding new trigger

CUE(config-trigger)# application voicemail

CUE(config-trigger)# exit

CUE(config)# exit

CUE# copy run start

CUE# reload

Reloading the system will terminate all end user sessions.

Doing a reload will cause any unsaved configuration data to be lost.

Are you sure you want to reload [y/n]? : y

The system restarts and generates the following message: 

(INIT)CUE# May  4 15:10:58 localhost j9:   CRASH JTAPIPackageUpdate JTAPIPackageUpdate  The system has detected that the CallManager version has changed. System needs to reload for the changes to take effect.

May  4 15:10:58 localhost j9: This is normal system behavior. Reloading now...

It then reloads again and CUE does not always register into CUCM. 

• Hi,

I will recommend to try it once more after restoring the CUE into factory default mode. If it's still not working contact with support to build the CUE with fresh image. Why not you are doing it yourself? I can bet not many experts working with upgrading/reinstalling the CUE.

CCIE racks are coming with the same image and equipments, what you should do if you are facing the same there? It's really worth a try and learn!

On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 12:41 PM, grimer <[email protected]> wrote:

I have the exact same issue with the INE Racks. 

I configure:

1. CTI Route Point, CTI Ports and Admin User in CUCM. 
    2. Ensure CUE has CCM licence
    3. Take CUE offline. Restore Factory Defaults, Reload. 
    4. Run setup wizard
    5. Configure jtapi: 
    CUE(config)# ccn subsystem jtapi

CUE(config-jtapi)# ctiport 3401 3402

CUE(config-jtapi)# ccm-manager address 177.1.10.10

CUE(config-jtapi)# ccm-manager username cueuser password 12345

CUE(config-jtapi)# exit

CUE(config)# ccn subsystem sip

CUE(config-sip)# gateway address 177.3.11.1

CUE(config-sip)# ex

CUE(config)# ccn trigger jtapi phonenumber 3334

Adding new trigger

CUE(config-trigger)# application voicemail

CUE(config-trigger)# exit

CUE(config)# exit

CUE# copy run start

CUE# reload

Reloading the system will terminate all end user sessions.

Doing a reload will cause any unsaved configuration data to be lost.

Are you sure you want to reload [y/n]? : y

The system restarts and generates the following message: 

(INIT)CUE# May  4 15:10:58 localhost j9:   CRASH JTAPIPackageUpdate JTAPIPackageUpdate  The system has detected that the CallManager version has changed. System needs to reload for the changes to take effect.

May  4 15:10:58 localhost j9: This is normal system behavior. Reloading now...

It then reloads again and CUE does not always register into CUCM. 

INE - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation

http://www.INE.com

Subscription information may be found at:

http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx