PoE problem on C3560

hi all ,

since
2 day , my  C3560 is  unable to power cisco ip phone.  when i try to
connect a cisco phone to any port,   i have this log message :

%ILPOWER-3-CONTROLLER_PORT_ERR: Controller port error, Interface
Gi0/15: Power given, but Power Controller does not report Power Good

i don't know what's mean, and what's problem.

thanks for your help

Comments

• On every port you see this or just g0/15? What version code are you running?  Assuming you tried to reboot the switch, correct?  What model phones?  If it's only that one phone, did you try a different patch cable?  Did you try a different phone?

•  is not the first time.  last month i have the same probleme,  i rebooted to solve the problem. 

all cisco phone are affected.

on all port of switch , i have the same probleme.

i use this software release Cisco IOS Software, C3560E Software (C3560E-UNIVERSAL-M), Version 12.2(35)SE5, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

NOTE: on another C3560 with same software, there is no probleme.

• hmm, I've never seen this before.  We are running c3560-ipbasek9-mz.122-55.SE3 on our 20 C3560-48PS switches (not the 3560G as you are using).  You probably did but did you try different cabling?  Might need to open a TAC.

• Do a "show power"  on your switch as well as "show cdp" .  just to test it, disable the cdp globally and only enable them on the interfaces you have the phone connected too.

am intrested to see the output and hope it works out for you.

F.A

• hi piatthi,

please check 'sh power inline' first.

also, CSCsq51319 looks like a match, hence you could try 12.2(46)SE, else replace the switch.

HTH

• piatthi;

I have seen this on 3750's with the power supply flaking out on me.  I opened a TAC case and they swapped the hardware and it was fine.  On another note though, I have also had issues with hardware in industrial environments, or switches that have been around a while, that may need to have some maintenance done on them with a ESD vacuum/compressed air, that were causing erratic issues with port status, due to dust and debris build up causing shorts.

Also, what do you get when you enable "debug ilpower port"?  Can you post some of the output?

• Hi Piatthi,

Yeah, I've seen this before on a older 3560 switch.

Does it resolve if you perform a shut/no-shut on the port affected? That always seems to do it for me. Like someone else said - just a result of an older switch and flaky PoE power supply.