NME-16-1G Switch Module assistance...

So I'm working on building a small lab.  I have a NME-16-1G Ethernet Switch Module in a 3825 router.  At the start of this little adventure, I had Advanced Security 12.4(15)T7 IOS on the router, and the Advanced IP Services 12.2(25)SEE4 on the switch module.  All is going well loading config files, and I realize that the router IOS will not support the trigger functionality in the EEM.  So I upgraded to 15.1(4)M1 IOS on the 3825.  Again, all seems to be well...until the next time I'm in the switch module, and I reboot just the switch.  I started getting some funny errors, and now I can't save the running config to start, save or delete any file from flash, the vlan database, nothing.  When I do a simple "copy run start", here's what I get:

Destination filename [startup-config]?
Building configuration...

intel_28f256j3_16x_write_bytes: command sequence error
flashfs[1]: writing to flash handle 0x289FC78, device 0, offset 0x17A0000, length 0x208: Operation Failed
flashfs[1]: sector ptr: {0xBD, 0x1F}
nv_done: unable to open "flash:/config.text.new"
flashfs[1]: writing to flash handle 0x289FC78, device 0, offset 0x17A0000, length 0x208: Operation Failed
flashfs[1]: sector ptr: {0xBD, 0x20}
nv_done: unable to open "flash:/private-config.text.new"
flashfs[1]: writing to flash handle 0x289FC78, device 0, offset 0x1F80000, length 0x208: Operation Failed
flashfs[1]: sector ptr: {0xFC, 0x2C}
flashfs[1]: filesystem marked down.  Use "fsck" to recover.[OK]
NVRAM Verification Failed
Switch#

I've tried the "erase /all nvram:" to clear it up, I've reformatted the flash after using the password recovery, reloaded the 3750 config into the switch module via xmodem from the router, and it will boot up but still gives me the same issue.  My concern is, could the new IOS have done this?  Unfortunately, when I passed down the work to the next shift, he replaced the Ethernet Switch Module with another, and got the same problem.  The original Ethernet Switch Module was placed into another router, and it still will not recover.  I may have to see about getting new switch modules, unless there is a way to somehow get through this.  Any ideas would be appreciated.

Comments

• So...6 years later, with an update, lol...it was the IOS. Just thought I'd throw that out there ;)

• haha :-) Thnx for sharing

• tmanitotmanito ✭✭✭

@jalonjackson said:
    So...6 years later, with an update, lol...it was the IOS. Just thought I'd throw that out there ;)

that's good to know :wink:

Hope this helps!

Timothy Q. Manito