Thanks!!!

Deepak Arora

http://deepakarora1984.blogspot.com

Comments

• No Jobs for CCIE in abroad ?[:O]

Thanks!

• hi Deepak,

have a look at this http://ieoc.com/forums/t/14618.aspx

and let me know if it sounds interesting for you.

Cheers!

• Thanks for your consideration.

I sent you my cv on your mail id. Kindly see if there few possibilities.

Thanks!

Deepak Arora

• Hi Deepak,

Join this group on linkedin.com and you'll find interesting opportunities.

http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2608746&trk=myg_ugrp_ovr

Good luck!

•  

No Opportunities means CCIE is definately loosing it's value IMHO.

• Hello,

LinkedIn is loaded with CCIE and other Cisco  jobs. Just subscribe to groups including CCIE or Cisco in their name, and you will see multiple position advertisements every day.

regards,

Gabor

• There are plaenty.  Where are you looking?

• Deepak,

I sent you a message. Did you get it?

• Deepak,

Do you find it hard to find a job with Dual CCIE? [*-)]

• CCIE is the begining, without many many years of experience in production networks you will be never be an expert.

I know people who pass CCIE, just by learning 2 months ;] why ? because they have 15 years experience in Cisco networks, Juniper and Check Point solutions.

Working day after day 8 hours and more :) give you experience which you couldn't take just by pass CCIE exam.

Also Cisco is just a vendor, the key is to KNOW TECHNOLOGIES on EXPERT LEVEL. Typing commands is a job for MONKEY, Knownledge about Routing protocols on level RFC, Switching etc is the goal

I am not writing this by say that Deepak didn't have experience, this is just a short note to all people who want to get job in networking area. Know how it works, not just how to implement features. I get my jobs, having only CCNA ;], i pass CCNP last year after 4 years in production networks. Now on march i am going to pass CCIE lab. This is the way you can get it, not just by doing workbooks and reaptly typing commands, Production give you everything which workbooks and paper CCIE cant.

Believe me or not true experts in networking area never send any CV ;] because companys fight for them between themselfs.

• @Horac:

Perhaps good time for you to review my profile : http://in.linkedin.com/pub/deepak-arora-ccie-29353-rs-sec/15/9bb/3a0

Now getting back to work experience. What really matter is quality of experience not quantity of experience. No matter if you have 20 years of exp and you are just creating frame relay mappings all day long.

Let me know  a single technology issue, which a True CCIE with no experience cannot solve ?

On the flip side , I can challenge your best Engineers without being CCIE to see how they perform . How about I give them rack and workbook lab challenge and I bet they don't score 80 ?

There are just too many things which a CCIE can do and real world engineer can't. One reason being is that real world engineers are much more focussed around either their company network or customer networks which most likely doesn't run more than 25% of stuff covered in CCIE anyways.

Do you do different stuff everyday on work ? I am pretty sure since I have almost 9 years of exp behind me that after a little while it's usually repititive work. Isn't it ?

Now other confusion you have is that people should know Routing & Switching for instance at RFC level while preparing for CCIE. During my both CCIEs I didn't read even a single RFC and still I managed to pass both labs. Since you mentioned that your exam is in march, how much of RFC 2328 you remember or know ?

As a CCIE I certainly believe that you should be able to configure, verify and troubleshoot things. Also if you don't remember or know anything about any technology, you should atleast know where to find it. I still amaze lots of people work in my team and friends working on CCIE when they ask me something sometimes which is not on top of my head and still I right away tell them where to look for it. And they ask how do you remember it ? And I say that what CCIE teach me, There is an old say mentioned in David Hucaby's CCNP BCMSN book  " Best student is not the one who knows everything but rather who knows where to find everything when you need".

In last, it's not that I cannot find job. I am earning very well here in India and I can switch anytime. The major problem I am facing is the laws that Obama administration put up few years back. You can probably take a look at yourself where for almost all US jobs either they want you to have valid visa or Green card or US citizen. So eventually I am not able to find H1b sponser at the moment and thats pretty much it.

HTH...

Deepak Arora

CCIE#29353 (RS/SEC)

• Deepak, have you tried jobs in Canada ?

Their immigration laws are less restrictive compared to US laws.

Don't take this as a word of discouragement, but I believe US is very well served in number of resident CCIEs. Also, american companies (and companies in general) will always prefer to outsource their services simply because it's cheaper to them.

I'm in a middle of an immigration process to Canada, in the next 12 months my familly an I will get our VISAs. 

It's being pretty fast in my opinion. I, personally, am going to live in Canada, and don't intend to live in US, although have some relatives living there (legally, BTW) but if it happens, no problem =)

http://improvingit.wordpress.com/ 

To: [email protected]
    Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 06:49:27 -0800
    Subject: Re: [IEOC JOBS] CCIE R&S Certified - I Looking For Job in US, Canada & Europe

@Horec:

Perhaps good time for you to review my profile : http://in.linkedin.com/pub/deepak-arora-ccie-29353-rs-sec/15/9bb/3a0

Now getting back to work experience. What really matter is quality of experience not quantity of experience. No matter if you have 20 years of exp and you are just creating frame relay mappings all day long.

Let me know  a single technology issue, which a True CCIE with no experience cannot solve ?

On the flip side , I can challenge your best Engineers without being CCIE to see how they perform . How about I give them rack and workbook lab challenge and I bet they don't score 80 ?

There are just too many things which a CCIE can do and real world engineer can't. One reason being is that real world engineers are much more focussed around either their company network or customer networks which most likely doesn't run more than 25% of stuff covered in CCIE anyways.

Do you do different stuff everyday on work ? I am pretty sure since I have almost 9 years of exp behind me that after a little while it's usually repititive work. Isn't it ?

Now other confusion you have is that people should know Routing & Switching for instance at RFC level while preparing for CCIE. During my both CCIEs I didn't read even a single RFC and still I managed to pass both labs. Since you mentioned that your exam is in march, how much of RFC 2328 you remember or know ?

As a CCIE I certainly believe that you should be able to configure, verify and troubleshoot things. Also if you don't remember or know anything about any technology, you should atleast know where to find it. I still amaze lots of people work in my team and friends working on CCIE when they ask me something sometimes which is not on top of my head and still I right away tell them where to look for it. And they ask how do you remember it ? And I say that what CCIE teach me, There is an old say mentioned in David Hucaby's CCNP BCMSN book  " Best student is not the one who knows everything but rather who knows where to find everything when you need".

In last, it's not that I cannot find job. I am earning very well here in India and I can switch anytime. The major problem I am facing is the laws that Obama administration put up few years back. You can probably take a look at yourself where for almost all US jobs either they want you to have valid visa or Green card or US citizen. So eventually I am not able to find H1b sponser at the moment and thats pretty much it.

HTH...

Deepak Arora

CCIE#29353 (RS/SEC)

INE - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation

http://www.INE.com

Subscription information may be found at:

http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx

• Well said Deepak [Y]

BTW Fabio, how did you find a job in Canada? Monster.ca? How do I know if the employer is willing to sponsor Canadian PR for the position?

Thanks

Alex

• PR cards are only for Permanent Residents. If you get a sponsorship they will give you a temporary work permission. From there you can apply for a PR if you want.

In sponsoring, there is always too much burocracy involved. 

The employer has to prove they couldn't find anybody who could fill the position currently living in the country, exchange inumerous correspondences with government... from the people I've seen getting sponsorships, it takes something like 6 months.

You better go for the immigration process instead. You'll get a PR card, be able to live there and apply to any job.

There is the federal process as well as provincial processes. Federal process is always necessary, since who gives you the VISA is the federal government.

I'm on 2 big MLs about Canada immigration and can remember of only 4-6 guys that could get a sponsorship in the last 2 years.

Again, I'm not discouraging anyone, just repoting what I've seen.

To: [email protected]
    Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 07:36:56 -0800
    Subject: Re: [IEOC JOBS] CCIE R&S Certified - I Looking For Job in US, Canada & Europe

Well said Deepak Yes

BTW Fabio, how did you find a job in Canada? Monster.ca? How do I know if the employer is willing to sponsor Canadian PR for the position?

Thanks

Alex

INE - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation

http://www.INE.com

Subscription information may be found at:

http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx

• Thanks Fabio for the sharing.

But AFAIK Canadian PR will take years... [|-)]

• Hi Horac,

I have had more than a few people express views similar to yours that exprience is most important.  If a network remains generally static, one who works exclusively with it may become more knowledgeable about that particular network.

As your experience, increases, you may develop "favorite" ways to accomplish certain tasks.  That practice my be your worst enemy during the CCIE lab.  As an expert, you need to have many methods at your disposal to accomplish the task at hand and Cisco has effective means of evaluating them.

Picture the following scenario:

1. Division11 of CompanyA used end to end VLANs and cared little about security.   Each branch network was quickly cobbled together and bears little resemblance to any of the other branches.
    2. Division22 of CompanyB used local VLANS, was paranoid and thus has an overabundanceof security.  Some of the images in place have been unsupported for a while because management required vigorous testing before allowing upgrades.
    3. Your company has a telephone network and a middle of the road data network.
    4. Both divisions have just been acquired by your company

Your project, as a CCIE is to develop and implement an integration plan that meets the following conditions:

1. Able to back out changes quickly if problems arise during the maintenance window
    2. Minimum down-time during 16 hour work windows every day
    3. Repurpose much of the networking equipment current and acquired for more efficient utilization
    4. Implementation of reasonable security methodology
    5. Implementation of the R&S portion of a converged data network with reasonable redundancy

The CCIE R&S Lab validates that one has the technical ability to handle the preceding project and more.

HTH

Ernie