New to Voice track Module 01:Option 66, phone MAC addresses, CUCM Startup configs
Had my first VORACK session doing Deep Dive Vol I Module 01:
1. The CUCM Startup config obviously has different mac addresses from the actual rack; in my case VORACK4.
In Module 01, I wanted to verify that the phones actually register to the CUCM although the module is focused on infrastructure (DHCP etc). Were you supposed to
A. Turn on auto-registration
B. Edit phone in CUCM->Devices
C. Prepare a CSV file and upload in "Bulk Administration"
2. Phones on BR1, BR2 getting DHCP from CUCM registered perfectly. Phones on Corp HQ kept going through the DHCP cycle. When I tested with CUCM as DHCP server it worked fine. When sw1 was the DHCP server (address range, default router, Option 150, Option 66 all looked corrected) I saw attempted connections to CUCM Pub on ports 69,2000. But the phone wouldn't register and restarted the DHCP cycle. Same thing when I used r1 as the DHCP server - then my rack timed out [:'(]
3. I turned on auto-registration, deleted all the pre-existing phones: in the end I was only able to see BR1, BR2 phones in CUCM but CorpHQ registration failed.
4. Also, Mark in the solution video mentions Option 66; but this was not in my Final Configs
5. Final Configs also did not include the AutoQoS service policy under interface f0/2: is this the behaviour of AutoQoS: the service-policy appears in the running config but not in the saved config? int fa0/2 does have the 'auto qos voip cisco-phone' configured under it, though.