CCIE RS Written

Hi All,

So I have my R&S Written scheduled for next week and I've been studying for the last 4 months for several hours per day. My main tools besides experience and hands-on has been the Official Cert Guide 4.0, some Routing TCP/IP vol 1&2 for specifics, and the INE Written bootcamp videos. My question is (without violating the NDA) how well do you think the practice questions on the Cert guide CD, the "Do I already know this" questions from the book, and the two practice tests from the Written Bootcamp match up with the actual test? Do you think they are harder or easier and are they worded similar or not. I'm asking because some of the questions on the CD are a bit oddly worded and the "choose all the correct answers" questions drive me nuts so I hope those aren't on the test. Overall I'm feeling pretty good looking at the blueprint, but getting a bit nervice after going through the practice tests.

Thanks

Comments

• I haven't taken the R&S Written Exam since 2007, but took the SP Written Exam in January to recert - there were some "Choose all that apply" questions, but the test engine would tell you when you had too few or too many selected - don't know if this was a bug or if it applies to the current R&S.

In 2007 you could still go back to previous questions and change answers - of course that is no longer the case for any CCIE Written Exam.

• Choose the best 7 of 12 answers. ;)

On Jul 6, 2011, at 7:34 PM, "DarrellEscola" <[email protected]> wrote:

I haven't taken the R&S Written Exam since 2007, but took the SP Written Exam in January to recert - there were some "Choose all that apply" questions, but the test engine would tell you when you had too few or too many selected - don't know if this was a bug or if it applies to the current R&S.

In 2007 you could still go back to previous questions and change answers - of course that is no longer the case for any CCIE Written Exam.

INE - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation

http://www.INE.com

Subscription information may be found at:

http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx

• Choose the best 7 of 12 answers. ;)

...do not use mouse. Use minimum number of key strokes.

• Choose X number that apply are fine, just not choose all the correct. My head always twists those type of guestions lol.

How well do you think the Practice Tests on the INE Written Bootcamp match up? Those I easily score in the 90's. Its the questions on the CD from the cert guide through the Boson Practice tests that are driving me nuts ;)

• Choose X number that apply are fine, just not choose all the correct. My head always twists those type of guestions lol.

How well do you think the Practice Tests on the INE Written Bootcamp match up? Those I easily score in the 90's. Its the questions on the CD from the cert guide through the Boson Practice tests that are driving me nuts ;)

The questions from the Cisco Press book are indeed tough, toughest of any I've ever seen, preceisly because they don't tell you the number of correct answers. The questions that have check boxes, but only one answer is correct is what drove me nuts.

However, I actually like that. When I don't know how many I have to choose, it drops process of elimination from the test taking strategy. Only the ones I know are blatantly wrong are out. This forces me to carefully consider the question, and the answers provided, and I find that's a much better education tool, it helps me focus on my weak areas alot better.

Now, with that being said - I've also purchased the Boson Ex-Sim practice questions, and they seem to be toned down, and they'll tell you the number of questions that are right or wrong. I haven't taken the INE practice exams yet, still working through the Written Bootcamp, will take them as soon as I'm done. Looking to take the Written either this coming week, or next week, so will be able to give a better assessment then.