TS question VolII Lab 1

I have just started to do a few troubleshooting labs and started with Lab 1

Is there a forum place to post specific questions or is here the best place?

My question - a very simple one!

Ticket 3 says a quick test shows that R3 is not able to reach the rest of the network 10.0.0.0/8

What is that quick test?

Is that a ping to a 10 address in the scenario?

Thanks

Roger

Comments

• dcanceriandcancerian ✭✭✭

I think there is no forum very specific to TS section of Vol 2 so we can consider this as the best place for questions from them.

@quick test can be any test from Application layer to the physical layer. On the whole this question wants to convey us that R3 cannot reach the network 10.0.0.0/8. Now it is up to us how to interpret it and figure out where the issue lies. The best approach for the lab exam is "divide and conquer" starting with the layer 3 i.e PING or TRACEROUTE to the destination network. If this test is a success that means problem lies at the above layers else at the lower layer. Then we can procced accordingly.

• Thanks for your reply, having not done much troubleshooting so far I am just trying to get my head in the right place.

Watching the troubleshooting bootcamp videos so that should help!

Cheers

Roger

• Roger,

Its nice that you've started with Vol.2 TS WB and the tickets are just amazing because they pushes you to implement all the knowledge that you've in a related technology in order to make it or why is it not working as it should be :-) I also started with this one few weeks ago and until now I've done 3 of 10 Labs.

Thanks for your reply, having not done much troubleshooting so far I am just trying to get my head in the right place.

Watching the troubleshooting bootcamp videos so that should help!

Cheers

Roger