vol 3 - lab 2 - Task 2.2 Etherchannel

Hi All,

I'm stucked with this section and as per INE workbook requirement.

1. configure the trunk links between sw3 and sw4 as one logical link using etherchannel.

2. this link should be negotiated via PAgP.

INE workbook solution

SW3 AND SW4

Interface port-channel1

Switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

Switchport mode trunk

Int ra fa/19-20

Switchport mode trunk

Switchport nonegotiate

Channel-group 1 mode on ??? <<<< which should be desirable or auto if this really asking for PAgP as stated in question. setting this in on mode Forces the interface into an EtherChannel without PAgP or LACP. With the on mode, a usable EtherChannel exists only when an interface group in the on mode has a connection to another interface group in the on mode. - per cisco website.

heres the link http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps663/products_configuration_example09186a0080094aec.shtml#lacp_pagp

appreciate any assistance to verify if i am wrong or just not understanding the theory.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Funnily enough I was just going through this one this morning too.

I agree with you - it should be something like "channel-group 1 mode desirable"

There's a few other typos in there too, like the link from R6 to BB1, that should be 54.x.1.0, but the diagram has as 54.x.4.0.

Also, in the solutions, it gives an answer for 5.4, when there is no 5.4 in lab 2. It just repeats the 5.4 answer from lab 1.

• there is also typo in switching part instead of vtp password CCIE its CISCO and also the vlan creation instead of vlan 9 the vlan 43 double :-). im doing this whole lab today lets see the others....

• Cdolores04,

You're right and for sure it's something that was just forgotten and for sure it'll be revised in the next updates, its good that you notice this simple and small mistakes which means that you know the configuration part for that technology.

Happy Labbing :-)

Hi All,

I'm stucked with this section and as per INE workbook requirement.

1. configure the trunk links between sw3 and sw4 as one logical link using etherchannel.

2. this link should be negotiated via PAgP.

INE workbook solution

SW3 AND SW4

Interface port-channel1

Switchport mode trunk

Int ra fa/19-20

Switchport mode trunk

Switchport nonegotiate

Channel-group 1 mode on ??? <<<< which should be desirable or auto if this really asking for PAgP as stated in question. setting this in on mode Forces the interface into an EtherChannel without PAgP or LACP. With the on mode, a usable EtherChannel exists only when an interface group in the on mode has a connection to another interface group in the on mode. - per cisco website.

heres the link http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps663/products_configuration_example09186a0080094aec.shtml#lacp_pagp

appreciate any assistance to verify if i am wrong or just not understanding the theory.

Thanks in advance.

• Yeah I also noticed the typo with EtherChannel mode and the IP addressing for 54.1.1.0/24.

• Channel-group 1 mode on ??? <<<< which should be desirable or auto if this really asking for PAgP

You are quite right this does not meet the task requirements!  It asks for the Etherchannel to be negotiated - the only way this can happen is if you desirable and maybe auto on the other side.

Also I was quite supprised to switchport nonegotiate in task 2.1 - it doesn't explicitly ask you to stop DTP although a good practice!