Initial config error on R6

Hello,
I received an error on R6 after loading the initial configs.The following is a list of the errors. I just shut the interfaces on BB1 with the corresponding ip address; BVI1, S1/1.51, S1/1.100. Lab 1 is not useing these IP addess. Is this a proper was to deal with this error or should i find another way (ACL)?

IP-EIGRP(Default-IP-Routing-Table:10): Neighbor 54.1.10.254 not on common subnet for Serial0/0
IP-EIGRP(Default-IP-Routing-Table:10): Neighbor 54.1.3.254 not on common subnet for Serial0/0?

IP-EIGRP(Default-IP-Routing-Table:10): Neighbor 54.1.2.254 not on common subnet for Serial0/0

Thanks

Rob

Comments

• You'll find that as you are going through the lab one of the tasks actually fixes this error on R6.  You should not ever have to do anything on the BB routers once you load the initial configs on them.  In the real Lab the BB routers are restricted from what i hear.

• Once you setup EIGRP authentication as asked in the IGP part, you'll not get these messages again.

• Question for everyone: those messages appear because EIGRP authentication is missing. So when you enable EIGRP authentication messages dissapear, or EIGRP authentiction just masks those messages? Either the asnwer is, why? Do you have an alternate solution to fix it before authentication section?

Good luck with your studies!

• Question for everyone: those messages appear because EIGRP authentication is missing. So when you enable EIGRP authentication messages dissapear, or EIGRP authentiction just masks those messages? Either the asnwer is, why? Do you have an alternate solution to fix it before authentication section?

Good luck with your studies!

Hi Cristian, you're very nice guy, always helping out. thanks for the effort. However  "Do you have an alternate solution to fix it before authentication section?" .

If you do please share, i need to know as many methods to solve a problem as possible.

• I have found the same issue... and i have made a test ACL with deny to EIGRP traffic from those IPs and of course a permit any at the end.

Hope this helps

Gonzalo