CCIE needed for year+ contract in NY. Please email [email protected]
Job Specification – Senior Network Engineer
Increased business demands, International network upgrades, and the immediate requirement for a backup Network Engineer warrants an urgent need for a highly skilled and experienced Network Engineer to join the Technology Operations team.
This individual will be very hands-on, and will be extremely knowledgeable in a range of technical areas, but with a particularly strong focus on Networking, and must possess qualified CCIE or equivalent certifications.
This role will be very focused around project delivery, day-to-day network operations and incident escalation support.
Primary Responsibilities and role evolution
· Come up to speed very quickly with a complete understanding of our Global LAN and WAN network, including routing, security, quality of service, performance and capacity management.
· Advise Operations on best practice, and assist with ongoing projects including Acquisition integration
· Act as the key technical resource for all network-related enquiries
· Assist in design and implementation of ongoing Datacenter projects consisting of server switches and core network
· Assist in recommendations for design and implementation improvements and deliver a program of change, including the creation of ongoing framework of global standards
· Responsibility of network performance and capacity management
· Assist with the design and implementation of a secure management and backup network
· Assist in implementation of a comprehensive network security framework
· Research ways to improve and lower the cost of ownership of our LANs and Global WAN
· Work with the Engineering and Operations teams to create a long term comprehensive network strategy
· Assist in skill set development of the Operations team with regards to networking.
Technical Skills and Competencies
The ideal candidate will have experience in a number of the following General Areas. The specific focus column shows the technologies that we are using, and any direct experience with any of these areas will be an advantage.
Training will be given on any technical areas not covered by previous experience.
· Highly detailed knowledge and experience around networking, including dynamic routing, VLANs, QoS/CoS, Resilient design, MPLS, VPN etc.
· Network security, including IDS/IPS, 802.1X, IPSec, perimeter security
· Performance and capacity management
· Disaster Recovery planning and testing
· Telecommunications including TDM and VoIP technologies, preferably around an Avaya platform
· Multicasting technology – streaming of audio and video
· Cisco Nexus 7000 Series
· SmartNet Maintenance Agreements and Management
· Cisco Catalyst switches and Cisco Routers
· Routing Protocols - RIP, OSPF, iBGP, BGP
· 802.1x Authentication of wired and wireless clients
· Encryption of traffic on Customer Edge Routers
· Aruba – Wireless Technologies
Due to the demanding nature of the Finance sector, the right personality with the ability to learn rapidly and think outside the box is as important as the technical skills.
The ideal candidate will display a mixture of the following:
· Confident and self-assured
· Excellent problem-solving abilities
· Positive and logical approach
· A team player, with excellent communications skills
· Extremely customer-focused attitude
· Rapid learner, with a keen desire to grow
· Organized and reliable
· Able to perform well under pressure
· Delivers to deadlines
· Able to respond quickly to changing business needs
· Strongly self-motivated
The ideal candidate will have at least 10 years in a strongly technical role, having worked extensively with a range of network infrastructure, and been heavily involved in design and implementation of Global WANs, and will speak fluent English.
Reporting Structure – Reporting to the Senior VP of Operations
Please send any inquiries/resumes to [email protected]