How to debug CoPP operation

Looking for any "debug" related to CoPP to see traffic that's getting dropped by CoPP configuration/operation during lab. Ofcourse don't want to see tons of other unneccessary traffic.

Thanks in advance !!!

Comments

• Your classes will show what traffic is being dropped and if you see traffic not matched by that you can create your own "class-default" which matches the rest of the traffic with at deny ip any any log. Show policy-map control-plane input is a very useful command. I'm not sure if there is an actual debug command for CoPP.

There is a command called debug control-plane. I have never used it though, maybe you could try it out.

• I was looking for CoPP debug for two reasons :

1. I want to see how certain type of traffic is getting dropped by CoPP in real time to see if my applied CoPP config is working prefectly.

2. Say I am doing TS section and usually I avoid to use "sh run" to save time. In some situation I verify all of my L2 and L3 config and later found ahhh...it's CoPP. So next time just when my L2 and L3 configs I found correct I just want to quickly run "debug xxx" for quick verification if CoPP is the culprit.

Anyone ?

• debug ip packet detail shoud show you.

• debug ip packet will not only give tons of output but also may kill my router :-)

• Hey ddepak try this

class-map type logging match-any ABC

match packets dropped

policy-map type logging XYZ

class ABC

log

control-plane

service-policy type logging input XYZ