Task 3.2 OSPFv3

Hi,

In the real exam, are we allowed to add new ipv6 link-local on an interface? I ask this question because every time i use ipv6 routing protocol on WAN link, frame-relay mapping of link-local is needed. And if i use link-local address that  derived from interface mac address to map DLCI, the next time i reload configuration on another router, the mapping cannot be used. So,  the question is , are we allowed to assign ipv6 link-local address on to an interface?

thanks

Comments

• paulman,

In the actual Lab Exam the instructions for the task should give you a clue to what is expected. They might tell you to use the automatic addressing feature or similar wording that would lead you to use eui-64 addressing. They could also tell you to use fe80::y/64, which would simplify grading for the grading script, as well as make it easier for you - read the task carefully, and get clarification from the proctor if necessary.

Hi,

In the real exam, are we allowed to add new ipv6 link-local on an interface? I ask this question because every time i use ipv6 routing protocol on WAN link, frame-relay mapping of link-local is needed. And if i use link-local address that  derived from interface mac address to map DLCI, the next time i reload configuration on another router, the mapping cannot be used. So,  the question is , are we allowed to assign ipv6 link-local address on to an interface?

thanks

• Darrel,

Just one quick question. Will the proctor grade the lab right away after exam finish or
    will the save the configuration and reload and grade it later on?

thanks

• The actual grading will probably be done in another time-zone by a different proctor. They run a script at first, then the proctor will check the configs if there is any doubt about the outcome.