BACD custom prompts record on a lab.HOW TO ???

I have a very basic question: How to record a prompt for a BACD application on a lab that requires a G.711 audio file (.AU) format with 8-bit, mu-law, and 8-kHz encoding.

With the help of UC/CUE only .WAV files are recorded.. So is there any workaround?

Regards

Comments

• You nailed it. 

Specific directions are as follows:

1) Use either CUCX or CUE to trigger a phone to be dialed (to be used as your microphone), and then record the message in CCITT uLaw format (G.711uLaw), with 8-bit, 8khz, Mono attributes. Perfect for B-ACD

2) Click the appropriate buttons to download the .wav file to your Candidate PC desktop (most likely the XP Utility virtual machine in the lab exam - just like we have here on our GradedLabs Voice Racks)

3) Upload the .wav file to CUCM via CUOS Administration web page, into the TFTP Upload area

4) Restart the TFTP service to bring the new file into TFTP's cache

5) Copy from CUCM TFTP to the IOS router (copy tftp://<ip of cucm>/en_my_welcome.wav flash:en_my_welcome.wav)

6) Configure B-ACD for the new .wav file (don't worry that it's not in .au format)

It is very important that you name your .wav file with a prefix of "en" (without the quotes, of course) to ensure that the default B-ACD "prefix" parameter finds the proper file.

So this is similar to how B-ACD would be configured to reflect just your custom .wav file recording bit (this is obviously not exhaustive):

Br2#sh flash | in .wav

116   42978    bacd/en_my_welcome.wav

!

service aa flash:app-b-acd-aa-2.0.1.1.tcl

paramspace english language en

paramspace english location flash:

param welcome-prompt _my_welcome.wav

!

Make sure you know how to navigate to this Cisco Documentation page when in the lab, so that you have configuration examples to go on (rather than trying to memorize every single param name).

• thanks for the reply.

for CUE method can i use AVT feature for thi?

And how do i indicate exact format (G.711 ulaw, 8bit, 8Khz,mono)?

the rest of the story seems to be clear.

• i've done it via AVT and was able to replace welcome prompt.

But what about menu option prompt? How do i change this to not hear default menu option prompt?

• Hi  nizami,

You may replace any of the prompts. Please see this link for a list of the prompt names that you should record and replace in flash to suit your needs.

Kind Regards,

Mark Snow, CCIE #14073
    (Voice, Security)
    Instructor
    Internetwork Expert, Inc.
    Toll Free: 877-224-8987
    Outside US: +1 775 826 4344

- docendo discitur

On Jan 29, 2011, at 3:44 AM, nizami wrote:

i've done it via AVT and was able to replace welcome prompt.

But what about menu option prompt? How do i change this to not hear default menu option prompt?

Internetwork Expert - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation
    http://www.internetworkexpert.com

Subscription information may be found at:
    http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx