SP Written Exam Re-Certified R&S!

I was able to get a passing score on the SP Written Exam this morning. Cisco marks "Preliminary" on the score report, so if they don't come up with some reason to disqualify my score, my CCIE R&S certification will be renewed for another 2 years.

When I started working on certifications in 2002, there were about a dozen Test Centers within a 30 minute drive from my home - some were Prometric, some Pearson Vue and some were both. Cisco and Microsoft used both providers, so there were several options open.

Today I had to drive about 100 miles to get to a test site with an opening before my current certification expires, so I am taking a Microsoft exam at the same test center after a break for lunch and a bit of review.

i used INE SP Workbooks 1 & 2, a number of Cisco Press books on MPLS, IOS XR, Multicast & Routing - even revieited a CCNP BSCI book for some IS-IS review.

I also used INE's R&S Audio Bootcamp for MPLS and QoS, as well as for BGP review.

Candidates should be familiar with MPLS, MPLS TE, Layer-3 VPNs, Layer-2 VPNs, ATM, SONET/PoS, and the details of OSPF, IS-IS, BGP, EIGRP, RIP, QoS, etc.

Best of luck to any other SP candidates.

EDIT: I wrote the above from my iPad without my reading glasses - corrected some typos and added a bit - also passed the MS exam.

UPDATE: 1/12/2011 - Received my official email from [email protected] that my R&S has been recertified. Monday I saw that the Certification Tracking System showed the exam was passed, yesterday I was able to get in to the Schedule Lab Exam area and saw the SP Written Exam as Pass, but the certify date was still 1/12/11 - today it shows 1/12/13![H]