Lab exam: change con/terminal server speed to 115200?

Hi,

Is it feasible in the lab exam to change the console/terminal server baud rate to 115200?

Anyway what is the lab set to by default?

I realize that it may not be possible to change the baud rate on the terminal server end  (no enable privileges?)

so this won't work - but would like a confirmation.

I can imagine that 115200 would lead to some productivity gains over 9600 - at least home racking shows a significant speed-up.

But on the another hand, the round-trip from SJ to the lab pc might nullify any console gains...

Comments

• mustang7071,

A lot of things make sense "in theory" - How fast can you type? How fast can you read?

The limiting factor in completing the configuration required in the Lab Exam is the length of time required to _correctly_ type in the commands that actually satisfy the requirements of the tasks. (This is after you have read and understood the task requirements.)

115,200 baud will fill the display with characters a little faster, but that won't do much towards your success in the lab.

The terminal sessions are preconfigured, and no access is available to you to change access server configuration.

Hi,

Is it feasible in the lab exam to change the console/terminal server baud rate to 115200?

Anyway what is the lab set to by default?

I realize that it may not be possible to change the baud rate on the terminal server end  (no enable privileges?)

so this won't work - but would like a confirmation.

I can imagine that 115200 would lead to some productivity gains over 9600 - at least home racking shows a significant speed-up.

But on the another hand, the round-trip from SJ to the lab pc might nullify any console gains...