Which Exam to prepeare First?

Hello Guys,

Please give your input as I am planning to move towards CCIP whcih exam should I prepeare first.

Regards

Mahir

Comments

• Here is the seq that I followed and worked pretty well for me.

1. CCNP [;)] Hehe  Just a personal choice

for you

1. Route

2. BGP

3. QOS

4. MPLS

HTH...

Deepak Arora

http://www.deepakarora1984.blogspot.com

• Thanks Deepak for the reply.

I bought BGP and MPLS today and started BGP, Keith shows us a topology but he never showd how it all connected.

I mean which port is connected from one router to another. Do you have any idea about that. If yes please share the information with me as I want to replicate the same lab in home.

Thanks

Mahir

• All I can say right now is that the class room files available in introduction class for both trainings are not downloadable. Are you able to download those both files ?

• Yes

One is PNG and the the other is PDF. But it doesn't have the complete picture or initial configs.

Regards

Mahir

• I only watched few videos from BGP. But as I can see Keith didn't mention the physical topology. Good time to ask INE for that.

Though MPLS class has all physical topology details.

• Hi Deepak

Why you think that after BGP, QoS should be taken and not MPLS as I can see from the cisco exam that we can even do the BGP and MPLS composite exam. 

I would like to know your insight about your choice.

Thanks

Mahir

• The MPLS exam have some QOS based contents like MPLS EXP bits and Basic MPLS TE. So it makes sense to go for MPLS once you understand Basic QOS terms and all. Though focus is at just basic level on MPLS TE in MPLS Exam.

HTH...

Deepak Arora

• I did my CCNP (BSCI)

then did QoS->BGP + MPLS composite (I learned BGP first, then MPLS)

This worked pretty well for me, and seemed to flow nicely.  One suggestion though, dont think "good enough" is enough for BGP, go through it completely, then go through it again.  Its a bunch of information, and is hard to retain so repetition in reading and labbing is important.  MPLS will/should seem easy after BGP :)

Good Luck,

• combo exams of course saves money too [;)]

HTH...

Deepak Arora

• Thanks guys for the input. I am going backwards :), BGP+MPLS and QoS, I will not take exam until I do all three of them though. The reason is that I want to do MPLS quickly as it is a little part of my job too as far as Qos it is a big part but there is another level who take care of that. 

• Sorry tried to reply on my phone yesterday but it didnt work...heres what I sent

Just my opinion...but bgp will play pretty well into mpls...some of

the mpls-vpn stuff may be a bit more difficult for you if you don't

already have bgp fundamentals down.  If you already know some bgp

though you should be ok.  Again, happy studying, it was the funnest

cert I have done to date.