Testing Real Calls on Voice Lab

Hi,

I connected a phone at home to test through the VPN so I was able to test some things. However, Is there a way to launch calls from the lab? With a Softphone/IP Communicator in a PC would be enough. Maybe I missed something in the session.

My objetive is to make some calls from Br2 to Br1, or HQ, to my PSTN phones and viceversa.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Comments

• Hi JDS,

There certainly is!

The Variphy Insight remote phone control software is now built into our racks, and available free of any additional charge to you. All the instructions necessary to use this great new web-based software can be found here in this instructional video.

Please bear in mind that there is a limitation in that you will not be able to hear any RTP audio with this software, since you are only remotely controlling our hardware IP phones, and since this remote control software is not a "softphone". But of course you will be able to hear the RTP audio from your phones answering at your home.

Also please note that we still support you using your own hardware phones at your location, with the help of a hardware VPN solution, all of which can be found here in our Voice Rack Rental Access Guide.

Kind Regards,

• Hi Mark, in your tutorial for the use of the Veriphy Insight Remote Control software you mentioned that an end user defined in CUCM needs to be associated with the auto-registered phones for one to be able to control the phones. What about a case where one is using CUCME?

• CME isn't supported using Variphy just at the moment, although they are working on bringing that functionality into the product shortly.

For the time being, you can either use the VoIP Integration remote control product, use CIPC or IPBlue, or of course you can use your own hardware phones.

Kind Regards,

Mark Snow, CCIE #14073
    (Voice, Security)
    Instructor
    Internetwork Expert, Inc.
    Toll Free: 877-224-8987
    Outside US: +1 775 826 4344

- docendo discitur

On Dec 23, 2010, at 12:37 PM, patmien wrote:

Hi Mark, in your tutorial for the use of the Veriphy Insight Remote Control software you mentioned that an end user defined in CUCM needs to be associated with the auto-registered phones for one to be able to control the phones. What about a case where one is using CUCME?

Internetwork Expert - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation
    http://www.internetworkexpert.com

Subscription information may be found at:
    http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx

• BTW, updated with the Variphy folks today, and they are working on adding this feature for an update very, very soon!

As soon as they do, we will be updating our Voice Rack copies, and alerting you all that day.