Sr. Unified Communications Engineer
TEKsystems is partnering with a National, professional services organization who is seeking a Senior UC Engineer to support their Indiana clientele. All of the work will be within Indiana and will require very little overnight travel. The projects will be focused on post sales, design, and implementation within Enterprise environments. My client is willing to provide relocation assistance and will allow this person to work from home when not engaged onsite with end user accounts. This is a direct hire position with a very competitive salary and bonus potential.
I have included the job description for your review. Please let me know if you or any of your peers might be interested in discussing further. Contact me if you have any questions at 317-810-7549 or [email protected]. Thanks in advance for your time and consideration on this matter.
SENIOR UNIFIED COMMUNICATIONS ENGINEER:
The incumbent of this position will:
· Actively participate in the planning, design, and implementation of Unified Communication systems, infrastructure and related hardware for customers.
· Conduct design sessions, seminars and public presentations
· Implementing test plans, migration plans & delivery plans
· Troubleshoot, maintain, upgrade, and provide solutions to complex hardware/software problems
· Develop and implement the technical architecture and physical design of the network supporting the Unified Communications
· Network and application troubleshooting.
· Prepare design documents and presentations. Clearly describing the design, including rationale for decisions and implications of decisions
· Deliver high-quality solutions to our customers to ensure their investment in technology is consistent with their business objectives.
· Deliver project responsibilities in line with project plan
· Contribute to product development and written proposals
· Work in a team environment.
· Assist Account Managers during the sales process by educating the customer about new technologies and IP Telephony methodology
· Assist in the management of projects using our project management methodology
· Five to seven years of experience in delivering complex technical solutions including planning, development, rollout and support experience with converged systems.
· CCVP or CCIE certification preferred and/or MCSE 2003 certification - +M, +S or MCSE 2000 certification
· Experience with router configuration, knowledge of voice mail, unified messaging, ACD and IVR systems
· Experience with Active Directory, Exchange and Microsoft core infrastructure technologies
· Knowledge of the following Microsoft technologies: OCS 2007, Live Communication Server and Exchange 5.5, 2000, 2003 and 2007 with Unified Messaging is a plus
· High-end experience in PBX and/or Call Center systems engineering experience is a plus
· Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills including demonstrated experience presenting technology recommendations from a business perspective
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline; equivalent experience acceptable
· Ability to work weekends and/or off hours as necessary to meet clients' needs, with occasional overnight travel
· Understanding of the industry, market, customers, competitors, suppliers, partners and capabilities of the business.
· Professional, business-focused attitude and courteous manner towards clients, partners, and peers
· Ability to work as necessary to meet clients' needs
· Ability to travel an average of 25%