Printouts in Brussels?

Hi,

I have seen the video from Cisco about the "look and feel" of the v4 CCIE R&S Lab exam. They showed that we will be provided various diagrams online as part of the task description.

So is my conclusion right that we will not receive any printouts with the task description, diagrams etc.?

Second question: is it allowed to bring your own colored pens to the lab exam?

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

egoge

Comments

• So is my conclusion right that we will not receive any printouts with the task description, diagrams etc.?

well, I dont know how it is now - my time was still with paper ,-)

Second question: is it allowed to bring your own colored pens to the lab exam?

nope - no chance. there are some pencins with colors, etc. you may use on your desk.

I think I had 2-3 colors. (colored pens, not color-markers...)

-steven

• So is my conclusion right that we will not receive any printouts with the task description, diagrams etc.?

well, I dont know how it is now - my time was still with paper ,-)

Thank you!

Are there any recent experiences from others?

• There are no printouts (booklets), everything is on your desktop.

You have 2 choices:

1) Do not redraw the diagrams and use a terminal server to switch between consoles. your tasks and diagrams can be in visible area all the time.

2) If you decide to use a console window per router, I advise to redraw the L3 diagram on the paper sheet. Otherwise you will loose more time on playing with windows.

It took me around 15 minutes to draw all the details to the paper,  another 15 minutes to read the tasks and maybe same time wastes for switching between console windows. Then couple of coffee brakes with several headings to the proctor for clarification and I end up with minus 1 hour ;)

I would strongly advise to go with option 1), especially if it's your first try and you  know nothing about time management on CCIE LAB.

• I would strongly advise to go with option 1), especially if it's your first try and you  know nothing about time management on CCIE LAB.

Many thanks for your advice, that's very useful for me!

• Great advise Lenin. Do you know if we get two monitors or one screen is big enough for everything i.e. booklet & connection to equipments ?

Do we get to use "CRT" or "putty" ?

Thanks

Inder Vaid

• I hope you joke about 2 monitors, sure you get only one.

Th screen gets scaterred with putty windows as soon as you start with configuration section.

• Great advise Lenin. Do you know if we get two monitors or one screen is big enough for everything i.e. booklet & connection to equipments ?

Do we get to use "CRT" or "putty" ?

Thanks

Inder Vaid

Only one screen, but its pretty big. 23" or so I would guess.

• What kind of Windows version do they have in the lab?

Because window management in Windows 7 is better than XP or Vista.

• Windows XP is used. High tech stuff :)

• Windows XP is used. High tech stuff :)

And also particularly slow - don't expect your telnet sessions to rapid or your access to the online documentation.  Not a problem to a Ninja CCIE candidate though.

• What about the web browser? Can you open several tabs with DOCCD at the beginning of the lab, and to turn back to these tabs when you need it? Actually do it even has tab support? Is search function of the browser (to search in openned web page) working correctly?

• One advice which I can give to the people going in Brussels is to bring a package of wet wipes to clean the mouse and the keyboard before they start. It may sound weird, but on my attempt the peripherals were disgustingly greasy to a point I had to go wash my hands couple of times, as I just couldn't stand it anymore. I am not obsessed with hygiene or anything, but I found it distracting and unpleasend.