Problem with Cabling between R5 n& R8 and R1&BB3

GUys, I am currently trying unsuccessfully to complete lab using Rack2 of Graded Labs. E0/0 is supposed to be connected to R8 but the VLAN assignments have not been specified and the interfaces on those routers seem to be connected to other devices which are not listed in the lab document. Has anybody experienced something similar? Are the other racks well cabled?

The chap at GradedLabs is not helping. I have only 10 minutes left...for the last 2 hours, I have been hoping that he can resolve this issue but he has gone silent

Comments

• hudsonmbg2,

Have you looked at the physical connections in the front of SP WB2?

This document shows that R5's E0/0 connects to R7's F0/5, R5's E0/2 connects to R8's F0/5, R1's F1/0 connects to R7's F0/1 and BB3 connects to R7's F0/24.

SP Lab 1 Task 1.1 instructs you to configure VLANS on R7 and R8 that will make the logical connections between R5's E0/0 and R8's VLAN58, and R1's F1/0 and BB3.

Graded Labs Tech Support is not there to teach you how to configure the equipment, but their function is to make sure the equipment is working, and that the physical connections between devices are there as shown in the front of the WB.

All of the other racks are cabled the same, and will require the VLANS to be configured as specified in Task 1.1.

GUys, I am currently trying unsuccessfully to complete lab using Rack2 of Graded Labs. E0/0 is supposed to be connected to R8 but the VLAN assignments have not been specified and the interfaces on those routers seem to be connected to other devices which are not listed in the lab document. Has anybody experienced something similar? Are the other racks well cabled?

The chap at GradedLabs is not helping. I have only 10 minutes left...for the last 2 hours, I have been hoping that he can resolve this issue but he has gone silent

• Yeah that's how it is on paper. Now if you look carefully, E0/0 connects to VLAN 58 (in the diagram)...that's to R8. But during the VLAN configurations on the switch, port 5 is configured to be in VLAN 5 (R8) and R7, it is configured to be in vlan 58. So are you suggesting I try reversing the configurations?

On 5 September 2010 04:50, DarrellEscola <[email protected]> wrote:

hudsonmbg2,

Have you looked at the physical connections in the front of SP WB2?

This document shows that R5's E0/0 connects to R7's F0/5, R5's E0/2 connects to R8's F0/5, R1's F1/0 connects to R7's F0/1 and BB3 connects to R7's F0/24.

SP Lab 1 Task 1.1 instructs you to configure VLANS on R7 and R8 that will make the logical connections between R5's E0/0 and R8's VLAN58, and R1's F1/0 and BB3.

Graded Labs Tech Support is not there to teach you how to configure the equipment, but their function is to make sure the equipment is working, and that the physical connections between devices are there as shown in the front of the WB.

All of the other racks are cabled the same, and will require the VLANS to be configured as specified in Task 1.1.

imagehudsonmbg2:

"Internetwork Expert - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation

http://www.internetworkexpert.com

Subscription information may be found at:

http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx
    "

• Ok - let's go back and revisit Task 1.1:

You need to enable VTP by assigning a domain name (the task also says to configure a vtp password, but get the trunk links and VLANs working first)

R7 F0/5 needs to be configured in VLAN 58

There are trunk links between R7 & R8 that will have VLAN 58 active soon after vtp is established and VLAN 58 is created on R7

R8's VLAN 58 will communicate with R5 via the trunk links and VLAN 58 on R7's F0/5

There is no real mystery - the diagram for each Lab is a _logical_ diagram - the DLCIs, trunking and VLAN assignments need to be configured to make the physical connections support the logical connections.

Yeah that's how it is on paper. Now if you look carefully, E0/0 connects to VLAN 58 (in the diagram)...that's to R8. But during the VLAN configurations on the switch, port 5 is configured to be in VLAN 5 (R8) and R7, it is configured to be in vlan 58. So are you suggesting I try reversing the configurations?

• Cool. I have rescheduled another session in 8 hours time. I will dedicate a little more time in getting it work. I will drop mail after trying again

On 5 September 2010 21:19, DarrellEscola <[email protected]> wrote:

Ok - let's go back and revisit Task 1.1:

You need to enable VTP by assigning a domain name (the task also says to configure a vtp password, but get the trunk links and VLANs working first)

R7 F0/5 needs to be configured in VLAN 58

There are trunk links between R7 & R8 that will have VLAN 58 active soon after vtp is established and VLAN 58 is created on R7

R8's VLAN 58 will communicate with R5 via the trunk links and VLAN 58 on R7's F0/5

There is no real mystery - the diagram for each Lab is a _logical_ diagram - the DLCIs, trunking and VLAN assignments need to be configured to make the physical connections support the logical connections.

imagehudsonmbg2:
    Yeah that's how it is on paper. Now if you look carefully, E0/0 connects to VLAN 58 (in the diagram)...that's to R8. But during the VLAN configurations on the switch, port 5 is configured to be in VLAN 5 (R8) and R7, it is configured to be in vlan 58. So are you suggesting I try reversing the configurations?

"Internetwork Expert - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation

http://www.internetworkexpert.com

Subscription information may be found at:

http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx
    "