Trunk problems lab 3.1

I am using dynamips connected to real switches. I can not ping 155.1.146.6 from R1 or R4, but R4 and R1 can ping each other. If I remove the subinterfaces on R6 and change the switch port connecting to R6 to an access port assigned to vlan 146 it works.

I also tested adding an SVI within that same subnet on SW2 which is directly connected to R6 but still can't ping the subinterface, but can ping R1 and R4.

Is this a dynamips issue?

Comments

• Same hardware, installed Ubuntu, no problems!

• I am using dynamips connected to real switches. I can not ping 155.1.146.6 from R1 or R4, but R4 and R1 can ping each other. If I remove the subinterfaces on R6 and change the switch port connecting to R6 to an access port assigned to vlan 146 it works.

I also tested adding an SVI within that same subnet on SW2 which is directly connected to R6 but still can't ping the subinterface, but can ping R1 and R4.

Is this a dynamips issue?

It could be a Dynamips issue or may be you did not setup the same encapsulation method between R6 and SW2.

Hope this help!

• Try to see if you have mac learning on those switch ports for the respective VLANs. If yes, your problem is related to ARP (try and see if you have ARP mappings) or dynamips. If not, it means switch is not receiving traffic with proper dot1q tag and is silently dropping traffic.

Goood luck with your studies!