Updates to IEWBs - whats the process now INE?

Hello INE

Just want to touch on something Keith Barker mentioned in a previous thread titled "Unhappy Customer....."  could INE please explain to me how and when INE update there workbooks?

The issue I have i dont know when updates are occuring any more. I log into my members account and see a date changed but Ive no idea which topic or what lab is updated as its all bundled together under 1 pdf file. Also Im a little concerned as i print off labs to practice from but i dont want to be loggin in to my account to find an update which affects what ive printed.

Hope I make sense guys.

abx

Comments

• This is biggest issue that there is no "Change Log". I never find out what was updated in which part except a new date. May be changing a single word means re-printing entire 2500 pages.

I hope a change log is being created.

Best Regards,

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 11:42 AM, abx <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello INE

Just want to touch on something Keith Barker mentioned in a previous thread titled "Unhappy Customer....."  could INE please explain to me how and when INE update there workbooks?

The issue I have i dont know when updates are occuring any more. I log into my members account and see a date changed but Ive no idea which topic or what lab is updated as its all bundled together under 1 pdf file. Also Im a little concerned as i print off labs to practice from but i dont want to be loggin in to my account to find an update which affects what ive printed.

Hope I make sense guys.

abx

Internetwork Expert - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation

http://www.internetworkexpert.com

Subscription information may be found at:

http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx

• Would appreciate an answer?

thanks

• Right now in the world of our popular workbooks, we are creating more Troubleshooting Labs for Volume 2 and the existing labs are being Tech and Copy edited by the Tech Edit Team.

There is no change log process implemented yet - but it is obviously a great idea that is being explored.

• Not aimed directly at Anthony; but INE's Tech Team explored the revision log a long time ago.    I guess they're still exploring it, which I find odd considering they're a publishing company.       

While we're at it; when should we expect Vol3 to be up-dated?   It's been well over a year and still has obvious issues on some of the later labs...