Route Reflector Client Peering

Can Route Reflector clients peer with Routers outside their clusters?

Managing Large Scale BGP
Jeff Doyle Volume 2

"Although clients cannot peer with routers outside of their own cluster, they can peer with each other."

Below Figure 2-40

Can someone explain the above sentences.

I have created peer relationship between a RR-client and a Non-RR-Client part of another cluster

Thanks

Comments

• RFC-Geek,

I believe that should have read "Although clients should not peer with IBGP routers outside of their own cluster, they can peer with each other." This is due to routing loops.

HTH

Can Route Reflector clients peer with Routers outside their clusters?

Managing Large Scale BGP
    Jeff Doyle Volume 2

"Although clients cannot peer with routers outside of their own cluster, they can peer with each other."

Below Figure 2-40

Can someone explain the above sentences.

I have created peer relationship between a RR-client and a Non-RR-Client part of another cluster

Thanks

• Actually the sentence is copied directly from Jeff Doyle, it says "Clients cannot peer" and I am also confused because I have created peer relationship between clients of different clusters

Thanks

• RFC-Geek,

I understand what the book says... I back traced it [;)].

If you look at the RFC 1966 sec 4. the wording states, "The Client peers should not peer with internal speakers outside of their cluster".

As I mentioned in the previous post, the book should have been worded as should not as opposed to cannot.

Actually the sentence is copied directly from Jeff Doyle, it says "Clients cannot peer" and I am also confused because I have created peer relationship between clients of different clusters

Thanks