Senior Secrurity Engineer - Madison, WI - CDW
CDW has become a proven partner to businesses in need of information technology solutions. We continue to set the standard for uncompromising client support and technical leadership, and our relationships with Cisco, IBM, and Microsoft provide our clients with category-leading platforms and products. Whether it's hardware, software, networking, services, or support, we provide knowledge, skills, and expertise through principled partnerships with our clients.
This position is part of CDW's Field Services team, specifically on the security assessment team. This team has been in continuous operation since 1998, and provides vulnerability assessment, penetration testing, incident response, and compliance consulting services to CDW customers nationwide. The team is small and elite; members are leaders in the field: we speak at conferences, release tools in widespread usage by the security testing community, and conduct sophisticated tests of all aspects of IT security.
The incumbent of this position will:
- Perform enterprise-scale security assessment and penetration testing projects for customers.
- Communicate security policy and technology issues verbally on both a formal and informal basis to all levels of client staff, ranging from senior executives to user representatives. Deal with client discussions in an unstructured interview environment and produce high-quality written technical documents.
- Work independently on multiple projects in diverse customer environments, ensure that appropriate management is apprised of project status, and bring projects to completion.
- Gain a clear understanding of client environment, identify client needs, and effectively communicate solutions.
- Develop tools for internal team use.
- Develop and complete an education plan to grow your skills consistent with client needs.
- Conduct research on security topics, and develop tools and documentation to assist security team activities.
- Provide network security technical support and consultation to customers and internal resources.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline; equivalent experience acceptable.
· Fluency in at least one .NET language; experience with multi-tier web application design.
· Professional software development experience: familiarity with mainstream development methodologies, version and change control, requirements documentation and quality assurance.
· Five years of software, network or system security experience.
· Demonstrated experience presenting technology recommendations from a business perspective, including architectural guidance.
· Additional programming experience in other common languages. Java, C, perl, and python are especially desirable.
· Ability to spot problems, especially in software design and implementation.
· Some experience with network security assessment tools and techniques, with an emphasis on working with open-source software
· Knowledge of x86 assembler, including some experience with software disassembly, reverse engineering, shellcoding, or exploit development.
· Ability to establish and maintain a high level of client trust and confidence.
· Experience in writing technical documents and presenting complex topics to diverse audiences.
· Willingness to travel up to 25%
People are what make CDW special. We encourage our employees to think of innovative ways to solve problems for our clients. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage this independent thinking, and embrace the diversity of our staff.
We're committed to hiring and advancing the best individuals available, based on job-related qualifications. We value the perspectives and innovations that come from having employees of different race, gender, age, ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, disability, and marital or family status. We encourage all of our employees to help build and support strong, vibrant communities, improving quality of life and making a positive difference where we live and work.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Yes, 25% of the time