Cisco Unified Communications Solution Architect - Boston, MA
CDW is a proven partner to businesses in need of information technology solutions. We continue to set the standard for uncompromising client support and technical leadership, and our relationships with Cisco, IBM, and Microsoft provide our clients with category-leading platforms and products. Whether its hardware, software, networking, services, or support, we provide knowledge, skills, and expertise through principled partnerships with our clients.
This position is part of CDW's Cisco Practice, a single-source provider to our clients for all things Cisco. We have more than 125 Cisco Certified Engineers on staff, including engineers for network infrastructure, unified communications, contact center, unified communications application development, security, storage and wireless. With more than seven years of Voice over IP experience, CDW has completed more than 1,300 Cisco IP Communication projects. Berbee was the first Cisco channel partner worldwide to earn Master Specialization status in Unified Communications and Security. CDW is a Cisco Gold Certified Partner and has been named IP Communications Partner of the Year for both 2004 and 2005, marking five straight years of Cisco Partner awards due to our high customer service ratings and advanced technology expertise.
The incumbent of this role will:
- Provide pre-sales and post-sales support of Cisco related opportunities across all geographies.
- Understand client's infrastructures; compare and contrast this infrastructure to the Cisco solution.
Provide internal assistance on the Cisco product plans; communicate these plans to other staff.
- Make telephone and in-person calls and presentations to clients and potential clients.
- Create and deliver polished proposals and client deliverables.
- Coordinate hardware and software quotations with Cisco Sales Teams.
- Provide timely and accurate work estimates for clients.
- Provide management oral and written reports on the client needs, problems, interests, market situations, competitive activities, and potential for new products/services.
- Be knowledgeable about products, applications, technical service, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising, and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical services.
Consulting or Pre-Sales experience.
Four to five years of Cisco solution experience.
Thorough knowledge of Cisco products and understanding of infrastructure.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or the equivalent in experience.
Strong interpersonal and presentation skills including consulting skills
Ability to travel up to 50% as needed.
Strong oral and written communication skills.
People are what make CDW special. We encourage our employees to think of innovative ways to solve problems for our clients. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage this independent thinking, and embrace the diversity of our staff. We're committed to hiring and advancing the best individuals available, based on job-related qualifications.
We value the perspectives and innovations that come from having employees of different race, gender, age, ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, disability, and marital or family status. And we encourage all of our employees to help build and support strong, vibrant communities, improving quality of life and making a positive difference where we live and work.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer