Senior Cisco Network Engineer - Dallas, TX
This position is part of CDW's Unified Communications Practice. We have more than 125 Engineers on staff, including engineers for network infrastructure, unified communications, contact center, unified communications application development, security, storage and wireless. With more than fifteen years of enterprise level Cisco infrastructure experience, CDW has completed more than 2,000 Cisco voice, data and security projects.
This position will be part of the dynamic UC team in our Dallas, TX office. By joining our team, you will be partnered with industry leading Engineers, Consultants and Architects as colleagues to help enable your success. CDW is honored by holding the highest level of certifications and accreditations with our partners.
The incumbent of this position will:
- Perform client consulting in the area of network engineering (hardware and software) using routers, switches, network security devices, protocol analyzers, TCP/IP, VPN, Frame Relay, and MPLS
- Design, plan, and implement LANs and WANs using the latest technology
- Identify and troubleshoot hardware and software technical problems related to LANs/WANs
- Conduct throughput analysis, problem solving, and infrastructure planning
- Participate in various client projects intended to continually improve/upgrade network infrastructures
· Minimum of seven years experience in network engineering, including experience designing, planning and implementing LANs and WANs using the latest technology; experience must be post-baccalaureate and progressive in nature
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline; equivalent experience acceptable
· CCIE certification preferred
· Ability to work weekends and/or off hours as necessary to meet clients' needs, with occasional overnight travel
· Ability to effectively communicate with clients
People are what make CDW special. We encourage our employees to think of innovative ways to solve problems for our clients. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage this independent thinking, and embrace the diversity of our staff.
We're committed to hiring and advancing the best individuals available, based on job-related qualifications. We value the perspectives and innovations that come from having employees of different race, gender, age, ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, disability, and marital or family status. We encourage all of our employees to help build and support strong, vibrant communities, improving quality of life and making a positive difference where we live and work.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Yes, 25% of the time
Additional FIELD Territory Information