Network Solutions Architect - Remote location in South Texas
CDW®, ranked No. 342 on the 2007 FORTUNE 500 and No. 39 on Forbes magazine's list of America's Largest Private Companies, is a leading provider of technology solutions for business, government and education. CDW is a principal source of network technology products and services including top name brands such as Cisco, HP, EMC, Foundry, F5, and Riverbed.
We are currently looking for a Solutions Architect to work with our Network Solutions Practices. The Network Solutions Practice is part of a team of Field Architects promoting solutions for customers around CDW core offerings. The Solutions Architect should have experience with software and hardware based switch and routing, bandwidth optimization, and storage networking.
- Presales design and helping close hardware, software and services opportunities to achieve the overall Network Solutions Practice revenue and gross profit targets. Be able to scope engagements to a high degree of accuracy with appropriate assistance and review from CDW's pre-sales and post-sales resources. Manage and track sales opportunity pipelines, forecasts and revenue using CDW's sales automation tool.
- Assist sales and inside specialty teams with the design of SOW and BOM for customer network solutions. Build and manage an opportunity pipeline for CDW's Network Solutions Practice.
- Be a primary contact and sales resource for all local CDW Field Account Executives, Account Managers, Inside Sales Representatives and customers. Enable the CDW sales teams to be highly successful selling world class network solutions.
- Lead solutions assurance process for complex multi-vendor, cross-practice solutions to maximize customer satisfaction during implementation.
- Be a subject matter expert about products, applications, technical service, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical services. Maintain credible knowledge of competing technologies and solutions.
- Work with other CDW Solution Architect Practices including Unified Communications, Security/Mobility, and Server/Storage virtualization to develop customer solutions.
- Have a strong working knowledge of Enterprise Routing protocols, Switching architecture, and WAN Optimization. Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCOE) experience a plus.
- Understand client business drivers and needs. Provide input on strategies to drive revenue for solutions and the overall CDW Network Solutions practice.
- Work with the CDW Delivery and Implementation team to ensure proposed solutions meet customer expectations.
- Provide management oral and written reports on the client needs, problems, interests, market situation, competitive activities, and potential for new products/services.
- Conduct presentations online and in-person to existing and potential customers. Facilitate and perform demos for clients.
- Be responsible for maintaining vendor partner relationship, attend trainings and seminars, and keep sales organization updated on market trends and best practices as they relate to network solutions.
- Attend CDW led marketing efforts including manufacturer trade/partner shows, regional technology seminars, and sales events. Provide support with speaking engagements when appropriate.
· Four years or more designing and managing enterprise class network environments
· Two years Pre-sales or consulting experience.
· Thorough knowledge of Cisco solutions (CCNP, CCIE preferred)
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or the equivalent in experience.
· Strong interpersonal and presentation skills including technical presentations to groups of up to a hundred or more.
· Travel required up to 50%
· Strong oral and written communication skills.