VoD (SIP and CUBE)

Hi ,

In the scenario in this VoD (SIP & CUBE) , the transcoder registered on the Rtr1 (on source address 177.1.11.1) , what is the difference if this transcoder register on the CUCM rather than Rtr1 .

Thank you ,

Comments

• Hello eng_ali,

The reason for the transcoder being registered to R1 rather than the CUCM server is that we are using it to convert between two seperate call streams at the router. What this means is that two seperate call legs are being controlled by the CUBE process running on R1. This is the reason that we must enable Call Manager Express (telephony-service) on R1, and then register the transcoder to the process. The call legs are controlled and converted by the CUBE. One leg goes over a trunk to the CUCM server (G.711), and the other leg is sent to the CME installation at R3 (G.729).

Hope this helps

• Hi Mr.Josh

One more question for CUBE , if I configured CUBE to work as rsvp-agent and I specified (codec pass-through) in the dspfarm profile MTP , should I also specify the codec type of the call , for instance:

dspfarm profile 1 mtp
     codec g729r8
     codec pass-through

For this case , will cisco UBE works as Transparent codec mode ? (I didn't understand the purpose from Transparent codec in CUBE )

Regards,

• Hello eng_ali,

Codec pass through and transparent codec essentially perform the same function. The codec of each call leg is not taken into consideration for transcoding, and the endpoints must process codec capabilities. For transparent codec to work with all codecs, you can specify a voice class and preference for transparent codec usage, then assign that class to your dial-peers. For a detailed example and the Cisco explanation, reference the link below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/voice/cube/configuration/guide/vb-gw-config.html#wp1324614

• Hi Mr.Josh

One more question for CUBE , if I configured CUBE to work as rsvp-agent and I specified (codec pass-through) in the dspfarm profile MTP , should I also specify the codec type of the call , for instance:

dspfarm profile 1 mtp
     codec g729r8
     codec pass-through

For this case , will cisco UBE works as Transparent codec mode ? (I didn't understand the purpose from Transparent codec in CUBE )

Regards,

Hey eng_ali,

Just to add-on to what Josh said, it might be worth noting that when invoking the RSVP-Agent, you are not utilizing CUBE. They are truly separate functions. That being said, you may invoke an RSVP-Agent as a CAC mechanism on the same router that will, immediately following the PATH messages resulting in an allow-call situation, invoke the CUBE as separate call-flow functionality - I just wanted to be sure you understood the difference in their operations logically.

Also - when invoking an RSVP-enabled MTP, you should not be using hardware DSPs (RSVP MTP doesn't require it). Instead you should use the following command in the MTP-profile to avoid invoking DSPs:

max sessions software Xx

HTH Some,