Sr. Network Engineer Opportunities
TEKsystems has an immediate need for a Senior Network Engineer with an active CCIE certification for an indefinite contract. The client is, in the oil and gas industry, is a Fortune 500 Company based out of Oklahoma City, OK. (www.dvn.com) All canidates must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Our Client is currently in the middle of several high profile projects including physically moving their data center as well as building a 50-story building. The hiring manager is in need of a Sr. Network Engineer for an indefinite contract. The manager requires that the individual has a CCIE. The individual will simply be a part of the team - he will not be assigned to a specific project, therefore this individual could work on anything from the data center, to daily maintenance, to the tower.
Duration: 6+ months, extendable. The intent is to get this individual on permanent at some point in time – it could be 6 months or it could be 2 years.
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Top 3 Skill Sets:
- CCIE Certification – Routing & Switch or Voice
- Current experience with Cisco IOS, Cisco voice gateways, ACLs and routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, etc)
- 7-10 years network experience
· Ability to configure and troubleshoot Cisco devices (Cisco routers and Cisco switches), VOIP.
· Build and support network infrastructure, assist or lead various projects.
· Assist in implementing network changes
· Respond to trouble tickets, perform troubleshooting on the LAN/WAN and repair of hardware malfunction, configuration errors and telecommunication circuits and services outages.
· Layer networking (ATM, Frame-Relay, MPLS, etc)
· Maintain and administer network infrastructure standards, documentation, processes and procedures.
· Monitor alarms of network and switches systems, monitor traffic statistics and utilization of network resources
· Participate on-call rotation