CCIE LAb Fees Reduced

Hi all,

I heard CCIE lab fees are gonna be reduced to 1000$ for US Residents and even lesser for developing countries. ITs not official as yet but they gonna announce it on twitter or Cisco live. Can anyone confirm it?? MAybe its a rumor.

Comments

• And what about Europeans ;)

• Let's not forget us north americans!

• If it's going to happen, then it'll be a reduced price across the board (unless you're in Greece [:P] ).  This reduction is going to ruin the whole conspiracy theory about Cisco only cares about making money off the labs. Sounds like a trick to help enlist more evil doers. [6]

• I have not heard about a price reduction - but it sure seems to make sense from a timing perspective. 

There have been so many negative PR moves lately, they need a nice gesture like this IMHO. 

On May 21, 2010, at 2:25 PM, Chosen_OnE wrote:

If it's going to happen, then it'll be a reduced price across the board (unless you're in Greece Stick out tongue ).  This reduction is going to ruin the whole conspiracy theory about Cisco only cares about making money off the labs. Sounds like a trick to help enlist more evil doers. Devil

Internetwork Expert - The Industry Leader in CCIE Preparation
    http://www.internetworkexpert.com

Subscription information may be found at:
    http://www.ieoc.com/forums/ForumSubscriptions.aspx

• Makes sense if the proctors are no longer engineers, but only warm bodies to watch over the candidates.

• I got three source now saying or pointing to the same thing.

JRP said it WILL BE announced at Cisco Live.

The CCIE Ask the Expert (Javier) mentioned he or his boss did not much of it but that it was a global program.

My original source said more.  I wish I was not so busy this week and I had more time to take advantage of the conversation...

Anyway...  no one from Cisco has said it is not true. 

• Thats great no one is accepting 

but more IMP no one is denying it 

good news here :)

• I don't know how credible we consider:

1. Jimmy Ray Purser

2. Javier (from the Cisco CCIE Ask the Expert Team for Wireless)

I only just got the news Thurs/Fri and so I've also been working myself sleeplessly - so  no real time to get to any other contacts to ask about it yet.

So far it looks credible.

I wonder what Scott thinks?

• I don't know how credible we consider:

1. Jimmy Ray Purser

2. Javier (from the Cisco CCIE Ask the Expert Team for Wireless)

I only just got the news Thurs/Fri and so I've also been working myself sleeplessly - so  no real time to get to any other contacts to ask about it yet.

So far it looks credible.

I wonder what Scott thinks?

Brad Ellis, Says 

I got confirmation from the nice gentleman at Cisco in charge of the
    CCIE program. The $1000 lab fee is a nothing more than a rumor.

thanks,

• I'd rather believe Brad Ellis than DW. At least Brad has CCIE's [:P]

• Some people feel that way.

It's ok.  I don't have an agenda. 

Can everyone say that? 

Brad told me that the OEQ's were never/ever going away and the OEQ Waiver was here to stay. 

I believed him too...

Hey... he's got more CCIE's than I do...

• Correction... he's got CCIE's you got none...[:'(]

Look dude, no one's hating on you, but the fact the you flood the forums everywhere day and night claiming this and that, he is wrong and you are right, your informer in Cisco is better than his, you are cuter than he is blah blah blah and bunch of things like acting like a CCIE super hero,  its just plain irritating ya know. We are here primarily in the forums for learning not spewing forth rumors that can irritate or affect the people in the CCIE community. Check the forums and many actually believe this rumor and postpone or cancel their schedule lab exams. True or not, the best ettiquette is to wait for Cisco to announce. Rumors like this are not really helping.

• True and true. Let's just wait and see. If it’s true, the powers that be are probably pissed because some random guy leaked the info. You can bet Cisco can pull the plug just to make a point. DWs 15min of fame is running out and the walls are closing in fast. I’d consider jumping on a low profile and focus on the lab.

As for Brad, he’s a business man and he knows what and what not to tell the community when it comes to details surrounding the CCIE program. Right or wrong, he’s in bed with Cisco and doesn’t want to jeopardize his ties with them. OEQ waiver was the only selling point for the 360, so he couldn’t just tell you it was going away.

In the future, only trust information that’s provided by Cisco. It’s not official unless it’s announced by them anyway. [:D]

• Yeah, they can pull the plug because somebody ver "famous"  spilled the beans. My wild imagination tells me that Cisco has the authority to strip off that individual of his Cisco certification or worse ban him from the CCIE program. They can do that all right, I hope my wild imagination doesn't come true.

• NEWS AT 11....beep beep beep

Cisco is planning on increasing the lab cost from $1,400 to $2,400. I can only assume we're suppose to jump to book a lab seat before these prices take affect. Keep in mind this is just a rumor.

• Sorry can't take credit for that statement.

It was peeled off of a comment from Travis Neidens on Groupstudy.

Brad Ellis's latest comment was cool though:

CCIE Lab:  $0.00

Lunch:  $1400.00

Umm....  Skip lunch.