Troubleshooting section

Next to the proposed faults of:

- remove secondary IP

- change subnetmask on R5

There are two other mistakes as well:

- Loopback interfaces on SW3-4 are identical to SW1-2

- Vlan 89 has wrong IP-subnet according to diagram. In Sol Guide it mentions 89.0/24 again, so something's off here.

Not so good for troubleshooting...I should receive 4 points in the lab for this! ;-)

Bas

Comments

• There are two other mistakes as well:

- Loopback interfaces on SW3-4 are identical to SW1-2

How can we be so sure that SW1 and SW4 loopback ip addresses have to be different. cannot be they same?

• How can we be so sure that SW1 and SW4 loopback ip addresses have to be different. cannot be they same?

If there is no any task related to anycast, we can count this is a "FAULT". For rest of the case within same domain, can't be same:)

• You should be as specific as possible during the tshoot section. If the loopback interface is causing the problem on your ticket, fix it. Otherwise, leave it as is, as it might break something else.

Only fix what is causing the trouble and verify that the ticket is solved.

• If there is no any task related to anycast, we can count this is a "FAULT". For rest of the case within same domain, can't be same:)

In this task loopback ip addresses of two devices in two different domains i.e eigrp and ospf  are same and there is no task task dictates about anycast. Is it a fault ?  

• Haven't had a chance to look at the task but the reasoning seems sound. Can only be classified as a fault if they are asking you to redistribute between the two domains, right? And even then it should be solvable (is that even a word?) with some kind of route filtering....

• those 2 switches are in the same ospf domain, different areas but connected with tunnel/vl

on sw2 and sw4 I got warnings talking about same router id from vlan89.

I did change the router-id as option, but yes, most probably the loopback address in sw4 was a fault.