So I just got back from my second attempt. I was 95% certain I got all four OEQs, 80% sure I got 10 of 11 on troubleshooting and about 90% sure I had ACED the config section. Score report: Core - Pass, Troubleshoot - Pass, Config - Fail. Oddly enough I had my score report within two hours of leaving the testing center. They were saying we should get our score reports fast because they had to clear out the database and get ready for the new format Monday without OEQs.
This one is really distressing, I don't think it could have gone any better and I honestly have no idea what I lost points on. I had a couple of tasks deliberated on but for the most part I felt pretty certain. I finished almost two hours early and spent the final two hours doing tcl script full pings of all IPs, reloading devices and testing again. Verified each of my tasks/configuration against the requirements/constraints. I even spent nearly an hour looking up configuration guides to read up on the few items I was concerned with.
I wonder if they took points off for hard coding router-id's? There was a statement not to modify or configure router-ids with OSPF, which I did not do. There was no statement as such for the other routing protocols so I set router-ids for EIGRP and BGP but I even asked the proctor and they said it would not adversely affect my score. I actually got up to ask the proctors several questions, six total I believe, on any item that I felt was the least bit ambiguous or I was in any way unsure of.
My estimation is that they are looking for configuration that isn't explicitly asked for and/or they are taking points off for anything extra at all that isn't needed. I did not read anywhere that I should use the minimum configuration/lines necessary. I did have several stipulations like to use only one access-list or only one route-map, which I made 100% certain that was the case.
I don't know where to go from here. If I had struggled with any of the tasks or technologies I would know what to study up on, but I didn't. I felt very comfortable that I had a solid understanding of what was being requested, the protocols and options involved and the necessary configuration items. I just don't know what to work on. One last note, from my first attempt to my second attempt I spent the majority of my time studying MPLS/MP-BGP and I did not get a single question, task or ticket on that.
I may drop R&S for now and start working on Security. Just very disconcerting and upsetting thinking that I don't know where I could have improved, what else I could have done...