Task 4.7

Teach Team,

For RIP authentication both key-chain name and key-id must match on both sides. Key chain name is not mentioned in the task. I estimated RIP and it worked. Still I suggest that this is a candidate for fix.

Thank you.

Tom

Comments

• Especially as the Sol Guide has an 4.7 incorporating NAT. So Task 4.7 has been taken out the lab, but still in Solution Guide.

And I agree with abovementioned fix.

• Tom,

key-chain name doesn't have to match, what must match is # and String in each key chain on both sides.

Remember that RIP v1 doesn't support authentication maybe you had issue with that.

Regards

• I also always thought that the key chain name didn't have to match, but unless i set it to RIP (like tom moser suggested)  it doesn't work for me.   Although Rip v1 doesn't support auth it is behaving like v2 because of the send/recieve v2 commands we used.  

• If I remember correctly with RIP key chain name doesn't have to match not even key number its ospf where key number must match too.

Did you try to set "send and accept lifetime" values, In some cases authentication doesn't work without setting up these.

HTH...

Deepak Arora

http://deepakarora1984.blogspot.com

• If I remember correctly with RIP key chain name doesn't have to match not even key number its ospf where key number must match too.

Did you try to set "send and accept lifetime" values, In some cases authentication doesn't work without setting up these.

Just a side note 

RIP supports both clear test and md5 authentications. In clear test on key-string needs to be the same(trailing space counts) but in the md5 authentication both key number and key-string has to match. Aslo key chain name need not to be same in any of the cases.