Quite Surprised..

I recently cleared my CCIE R&S and searching for job in MiddleEast, what i have observed is that demand for CCIE has really slowed down.... industry's one of the top certification (used to be) is loosing its value..

what about the other part of world... is situation the same ??

Comments

• Same in UK :(

Hmm...No idea why is that? Nowadays Business need more use of Networking then ever before. Or is it greedy employers riping off hard work of CCIE with offer of cheap salaries?

• I think it's just a byproduct of the bad economy.  Companies are putting off projects if possible, so they're stretching along with things like a network that needs improvement as long as they can before spending the money.  They're also trying to do more with less, so instead of hiring a CCIE level employee, they're going with a CCNP level guy (gal).

Take heart though, it definitely seems like things are slowly, but steadily, getting better - there's more and more good jobs getting posted out there.

On roughly the same topic, I'd like to know what people are doing who get their CCIE.  Does it seem like most people get their CCIE then go to work for a Cisco reseller, ISP, consulting or what?  It seems like working for a reseller makes sense - they're the ones who really get monetary value out of the certification by becoming a gold or silver partner.  But I'm an operations guy, so I'm basically just using my CCIE to get a better job in network support.  Anyway, I'd like to hear what other people are doing with their CCIE and what types of doors it opens up for them.

-nklhd

• I also like to point out one common misconception. Jobs and salaries are decided based on experience not based on how many certifications you have. having multiple CCIEs is definitely a  great personal accomplishment but doesnt beat say 5 years of relavent experience. So my advice is to look at CCIE as a  personal accomplishment. Channel partners are the only ones who gain by employeeing CCIEs as they get discounts based on their partner status . If you are going to be working in some ISP on the support desk the CCIE tag wont matter much if you dont have the required experience.

• hi,

I think, it seems like working for a reseller makes sense - they're the ones who really get monetary value out of the certification by becoming a gold or silver partner.I'm  using my CCIE to get a better job in network support. thanks.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Earn an
    Extra $1000 to $1200 per month doing Part Time Data Entry Jobs! Work from
    home data entry jobs to post simple data submissions on Internet. Make $1 per
    entry. Easy form filling, data entry and ad posting jobs. No selling, No
    phone calls, No Marketing. No Investment. Bi-weekly payments. Full Training
    Provided. Pls visit: [url=http://www.dataentrywork.net/?id=26201] Data-Entry
    [/url]
  • Same in Australia, salaries are down and demand is slow, have found a position for 18 CCIE's in the past year, a lot of Tyre kicking clients about.