"ipv6 prefix-list" WORD missing

Hi Everyone,

I've been working on IPV6 and prefix-list's and I've come across an issue, I'm not sure if it's me or the IOS version I'm using but on IOS version 12.4(15)T5 I can use the "ipv6 prefix-list WORD" command but on 12.4(24)T I cannot, as per below.

~~~~
R1(config)#do sh ver | in IOS
Cisco IOS Software, 3700 Software (C3725-ADVENTERPRISEK9-M), Version 12.4(15)T5, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc4)
R1(config)#
R1(config)#
R1(config)#ipv prefix-list ?
  WORD             Name of a prefix list
  sequence-number  Include/exclude sequence numbers in NVGEN

~~~~~

R2(config)#do sh ver | in IOS
Cisco IOS Software, 1841 Software (C1841-ADVENTERPRISEK9-M), Version 12.4(24)T, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
R2(config)#
R2(config)#
R2(config)#ipv prefix-list ?
  sequence-number  Include/exclude sequence numbers in NVGEN

R2(config)#ipv prefix-list

~~~~~~

Has anyone come across this? is it just a matter of upgrading to a later IOS version?

Thanks Guys,

Peter.

Comments

• Hello Peter,

this seems like a bug and a hidden feature in the IOS. As you can see, I am using the same IOS image a you. Actually the ipv6 prefix-list command works, it just that the context senitive help is not being sensitive and not helping at all [8o|]. Actually, it's just plain all wrong. Cisco I want my money back [:@] lol .

But if you type the command in the same syntax as stated in the DOCCD, it will work.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/ipv6/command/reference/ipv6_08.html#wp2134160

Here are some examples:

HTH

• HAHAHA, that's funny, I just tested it and your right, as long as you have the whole command your sorted :-)

What a great troubleshooting ticket ;-)

Thanks for your help......

• Anytime!!!!!!!!!

• Thanks, it was driving me mad. Ok here is next one, can we match prefixes using access-list in ipv6 as we do in ipv4?