Seeking a Sr. Network Engineer Washington DC, TS/SCI
Provide network engineering support in the development and
implementation of a client's LAN/WAN.
The work may include the following:
Analyzing complex local and wide area network systems, including
planning, designing, evaluating, selecting operating systems and
protocol suites and configuring network devices. May resolve difficult
operability problems to obtain operation across all platforms including
e-mail, files transfer, multimedia, teleconferencing and the like.
Configuring systems to user environments. May act as a technical project
leader or provide work leadership for junior engineers
5+ years experience, with emphasis in the following areas:
- Experience in network design and implementation.
- Routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, MPLS), WAN circuit experience is a must.
- Experience in deploying and supporting WAN, VoIP is a must.
- Experience in IPv6, SNMP, Juniper/Cisco knowledge a must
- Network management knowledge a plus,
- Packet/traffic flow analysis a plus
- Strong understanding of Data Center technologies
- Strong understanding of securing local and remote networks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work on a team or in an individual setting
- Must be detail oriented