Lab 6 Task 6.2 ... Link Local Address?

To configure IPv6 Link Local address & Fram-relay Link Local Mapping is not mentioned in the task, then why link local address is configured on the interfaces in task 6.2. Could any one please clearify? Thanks

Comments

• Hi,

Just configure the
    Rack2R2(Config)#interface e0/0
    Rack2R2(Config-if)#ipv6 enable
    Rack2R2(Config-if)#ipv6 address ipv6-prefix/prefix-length eui-64

SUMMARY STEPS

1. enable

2. configure terminal

3. interface type number

4. ipv6 address ipv6-prefix/prefix-length eui-64
    or
    ipv6 address ipv6-address/prefix-length link-local
    or
    ipv6 address ipv6-prefix/prefix-length anycast
    or
    ipv6 enable

5. exit

6. ipv6 unicast-routing

Warm Regards,
    Hari.M
  • Tariq,

IPv6 routing protocols will use the link-local (FE80::) address to communicate with neighboring routers. On frame-relay links you will need to configure maps for both the global (or site-local) address and the link-local address when using IPv6 routing protocols.

IPv6 Neighbor Discovery will work on Ethernet, but not on frame-relay, which is why these mappings need to be configured.

Point-to-point subinterfaces, whether IPv4 or IPv6 do not require a frame-relay map statement, just the frame-relay interface-dlci command.

Darrell
  • Hello,

Just I need to confirm , in this task do we need to configure fram-relay map or not and why ?

I tried it without the map and it is working , but I did forget to check if there is a dynamic map created or not

Please advise,

thanks
    Moamen
  • Hello,

Sorry , I just relized that no need to map as this is a tunnel , not ipv6 over frame-relay

Thanks
    Moamen